Marketing Manager International
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Marketing professional offering two years of highly successful experience promoting welding, industrial, and safety product lines throughout several countries. Emphasis on information technology (IT) in a business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) environment. Leader of change, with a proven track record in the development of profitable marketing campaigns and strategies. Earned a BBA in management information systems. Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Outlook Express), Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Money, CorelDraw, Adobe PhotoShop, FrontPage, Quicken, and Flow Charting applications. U.S. citizen who is willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Areas of expertise:
• Campaign planning and execution • Product development
• Brand management • Design of marketing communications
• Customer relationship management • Competitive analysis
• Researching capabilities • Presentation development
• Report preparation • Project team leadership
• Production supervision • Process flow charting
OKI Bering Middle East , Dubai U.A.E.
1999 - Present
(an American-owned company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio)
Coordinated all Middle East marketing activities throughout 15 countries for this wholesaler with seven product lines. Provided support to sales, customer service, and purchasing to develop consistency and to emphasize customer needs, experience, and satisfaction. Supervised a manager, two customer service representatives, four sales representatives, and a purchasing agent. Worked with the president and accounting department to develop sales targets and projections. Reported to the company president of this distribution center. Interacted with the accounting manager, warehouse manager, and support personnel. Communicated externally with international sales directors, outside sales representatives, and development managers working with vendors in Europe and the United States.
• Contributed to a 33% increase in monthly sales, surpassing the break even point for the first time in this distribution center's 2.5 year history.
• Increased one product line's market share by 25% within six months after devising a trade-in and discount campaign that targeted a major competitor's interchangeable parts.
• Designed a 26-page catalog from ground zero, targeting clients' needs, which improved distribution time, increased accounts receivable and cash flow, and significantly improved customer service.
• Increased sales inquiries and product awareness by developing a comprehensive, static, B2B, and B2C web site specifically designed for product lines distributed in the Middle East.
• Generated new leads through direct mail and email campaigns that were based on information secured from newly created customer feedback forms and subsequent database.
• Decreased customer complaints by almost 50% and improved response time from a two-day average down to same day by revamping the customer service department.
• Doubled the number of dealers in the region, and improved their product knowledge and understanding of warranties and the warehouse system by providing training seminars.
• Created display and marketing materials, and secured give-a-ways from vendors used as promotional tools at the Big Five Show and other conventions.
• Eliminated redundancy and reduced bottlenecks for customer service and warehousing by identifying and correcting a workflow problem in the customer service department.
Motorola, Dubai, U.A.E.
1997 - 1999
Supported automation and reengineering processes. Worked with senior management in determining ways to improve process speeds, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. Devised a process where the Internet could automate many customer support functions, and recommendations were adopted into operations in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, Management Information Systems , Minor: Economics