604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Comprehensive experience in multiple aspects of business operations, including contract administration, regulatory compliance, staff training and procedure development/implementation.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and develop creative, innovative solutions to business challenges; successfully manage change for improved performance and efficiency.
• Demonstrated success at identifying processes and complex systems; work with clients to streamline operations, establish goals and implement strategies to achieve those goals.
• Skilled in team development and project management; communicate objectives, plan & organize work flow, and conduct individualized training.
• Proficient with Lotus; working knowledge of Excel, Word, WordPerfect for report preparation; experience in internet research.
Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA
1994 - Present
Responsible for all aspects of fiscal management and contract administration, including budgeting, project management, expense authorization and training, for Justice Resource Institute programs.
Motivate and supervise a staff of seven consultants. Handle all personnel administration for the site including processing of applicants and arranging benefits.
Approve/code all invoices, authorize employee expenses, reconcile bank statements and direct petty cash disbursements.
• Perform research and data collection for development of special reports.
• Prepare General Ledger Summary reports.
1993 - 1994
Grants Management Specialist / Consultant
Provided comprehensive guidance and administrative support to contract managers and agency staff with 300 contracts throughout the state.
Provided for proper documentation and regulatory compliance of contracts and grants.
Participated in the development of policies, and procedures.
Assembled/processed contracts, subcontracts and grants administered by the AIDS bureau to ensure compliance with state policies.
• Documented and recommended system improvements to the Director of Administration. Implemented and directed approved policy changes.
• Trained Contract Managers on management systems, general contract requirements, procedures and protocols.
• Acted as a primary liaison providing technical assistance to MIS and Purchase of Service units for the development of contract policies.
Camp McKee, Cambridge, MA
1988 - 1993
Responsible for various aspects of contract management, including project management, client relations and budgeting.
Worked with clients to develop and administer special billing requirements; established billing dates according to client payment cycles.
Prepared, issued and processed client invoices.
Assisted project managers in scheduling, budgeting and control of projects.
• Filed contracts and related documentation with contract accounting.
• Prepared and issued a monthly billing report to senior management.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Trained new associates in accounts payable as well as organizational policies.
Coordinated the input of and payment of vendor invoices and check requests.
Disbursed, maintained and reconciled petty cash funds.
Cambridge College, Cambridge, MA
GPA: 4.0, Concentration on Organizational Theory and Behavior. Received registered copyright for thesis on Managing for Workplace Diversity
American International College, Springfield, MA
Bachelor of Science, Human Relations, Minor: Psychology
• Named to the Scholastic All American Honor Society.
• Received President's Recognition Award for Scholastic Achievement and Leadership.
University of Massachusetts at Boston
Certificate, Government Auditing
Association of Government Accountants. Recognized in Government Financial Management Topics (Dec. 1997) "The Face of Public Service."
National Association of Female Executives
PRWRA Steven Provenzano - A Advanced Resume Service, Inc. - TopSecretResumes.com - Advresumes@aol.com - 1-800-866-0887