Division Manager Retail
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· With extensive management experience directing inventory control and merchandising operations, while driving revenues from the sale of both European and American luxury items.
· Managed departments such as women’s ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, bridal, and designer salons.
· Communicated successfully with customers, vendors, buyers, general merchandise managers, designers, designer representatives, sales consultants, and other executive team members.
· Maintained creativity while working within guidelines and standards set forth by corporations.
· Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Outlook Express), as well as in-house inventory, sales, and client databases.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Recruiting and hiring management staff
· Staff development and training
· Scheduling personnel
· Engaging staff to promote higher sales
· Educating sales consultants to romance the sale
· Implementing cross and interselling strategies
· Client relationship development
· Analyzing and determining customer buying habits
· Planning marketing strategies to reach customers
· Driving revenue to exceed sales plan
· Attending New York market with buyers
· Assisting in determining garment selections
· Inventory management and control
· Reducing shrinkage / increasing efficiencies
· Determining merchandising / presentation standards
· Monitoring special orders
· Managing trunk shows
· Conducting competitive shopping
· Opening new department / increasing size
· Planning / executing special events
SAKS FIFTH AVENUE – Houston, Texas
1999 to Present
Division I Manager – Designer Salon, Bridal Salon, and St. John Salon
Managed all operations of three salons at the Galleria store, generating $5.6 million in annual revenues. Supervised an assistant manager and 13 sales consultants responsible for negotiating sales that range from $500 to $25,000. Reported to the assistant store manager.
· Currently 32% ahead of last year’s sales year-to-date.
· Achieved 110% of sales plan for increase in evening business within designer salon.
· Reduced shrinkage and improved efficiency by motivating receiving staff to maintain more accurate records.
· Increased sell through on special orders from 62% to 91%, which is 107% of company standard by retraining staff to use a commitment contract and resell items.
· Managed a 22% turnover in staff to produce a team interested in producing top sales, managing their book of customers, and exceeding customer expectations, with no turnover in personnel since mid-year 2002.
· Generated $55,000 of sales from Monique L’Huillier designs and attained excellent return on investment by initiating and organizing an intimate designer luncheon held in the department.
NEIMAN MARCUS – Houston, Texas
1984 to 1998
Assistant Store Manager - Merchandise (1995 to 1998)
Coordinated and directed $16 million in annual sales activities from 13 areas within the Galleria store. This included handbags, accessories, fashion jewelry, ladies shoes, intimate apparel, cosmetics, children’s, epicure, bridal, and 4 departments of women’s ready-to-wear. Managed 9 department managers as direct reports, and 62 sales associates. Reported to the general manager.
· Built accessory business from $1.6 million to $2.4 million within one year, achieving 126% of sales plan by recognizing need to increase merchandise depth and linear feet for accessories, handbags, and shoes to meet customer needs.
· Directed the opening and successful management of a new bridal department from ground zero, achieving 140% of sales plan after first year, with $700,000 in revenues.
Public Relations Manager (1984 to 1994)
Managed a $100,000 budget used to promote Neiman Marcus through participation in community events such as the Nutcracker Market benefiting the Houston Ballet and Houston Chronicle Best Dressed Luncheon benefiting the March of Dimes. Organized and orchestrated trunk shows. Monitored return on investment to insure that at least $50,000 was achieved in production from each event.
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Arts – BAYLOR UNIVERSITY – Waco, Texas
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION GUILD
MARCH OF DIMES