Department Supervisor Best
95307 Seawind Terrace, Irvine, CA 97036 / Tel# (714) 555-0034 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager with eight years experience in audio-visual sales and services including six years experience leading sales and installation teams. Recognized for developing people and processes that provide the highest quality customer service, installations, and support. Skills include the use of computer systems to track, schedule, and manage equipment and technical staff. Continually maintain knowledge of AV technology and developments by attending technical classes and training seminars.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Personnel Management
· Inventory Tracking
· Installation Scheduling
· Maintenance Routines
· Standard Procedures
· Damage Reduction
· Audio-visual Equipment
· Home Theater Systems
· Convention Facilities
CONVENTION SUPPORT SERVICES, San Diego, CA
1999 - Present
Managed staff of 43 technicians and office support personnel in audio-visual services department. Maintained inventory of rental equipment and supplies. Organized master schedule of installations and personnel.
· Monitored quality of service by acting as liaison to customers, and equipment vendors. Implemented a service and support program that reduced customer complaints by 15%.
· Developed QuickSheets to highlight the most important steps for equipment transport, setup, use, and breakdown. Costs due to damage or misuse decreased by 79%.
· Instituted an independent, 5-point inspection routine to ensure proper maintenance and readiness of returned equipment.
· Coordinated equipment for community enrichment program providing audio-visual setups for summer programs for disadvantaged children.
HOME THEATER SYSTEMS, La Jolla, CA
1996 - 1999
Recruited, trained, and supervised staff of 25 home theater sales professionals to provide customer service in showroom setting. Maintained inventory, ordered parts and supplies for installations, scheduled sales staff, and monitored sales performance.
· Analyzed sales data to recommend changes to product line or merchandising strategies. Recommended changes resulted in 19% increase in sales.
· Utilized showroom installations to provide hands-on system configuration and fine-tuning training to sales staff. Evaluated sales staff to recommend additional training courses.
· Researched rapid developments in the home entertainment market, including digital television, surround-sound audio, digital video recording, and broadband Internet connectivity, to identify future directions and advise customers.
· Received “Top Store” award for highest revenues and earnings in 1997.
AUDIO-VISUAL SOLUTIONS, Escondido, CA
1994 - 1996
Technical Support Representative
Served as on-call technician, responding to customer calls for technical troubleshooting of AV presentation equipment. Set up and dismantled equipment for major company meetings, conventions, and school assemblies. Advised customers on purchase and installation options.
· Responded to calls for assistance, maintaining an average 3-minute response time.
· Designed setup directions and trained other technical staff to minimize equipment damage.
· Researched industry developments to recommend new products and product lines to management.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts (Communications), 1994
San Marcos College, San Marcos, CA
Training classes include:
Sony Home Theater Installation
Crestron Control Systems Programming
InFocus Projection Device Operation
Barco Projector Maintenance