Account Executive Telecommunications
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales and sales management professional with more than 6 years of solid sales and marketing experience. High- energy producer who has a proven record of success exceeding quota on a personal level and for motivating a team to perform at their highest potential. Sales success is primarily attributed to the development of interactive relationships with accounts and for creating a referral network. Management background includes recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising sales personnel, developing and conducting sales blitzes and other campaigns to strategically promote the business, working with team members to grow their accounts, providing leadership and support to achieve forecasted sales goals, monitoring progress, and developing reports for senior management. Computer skills includes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
OCTAGON, INC., Houston, Texas
Corporate Account Executive, 2000 - Present
Managed the South Texas territory. Called on Fortune 500 companies, as well as federal and educational accounts. Interacted with chief operating officers, chief executive officers, and general managers on the corporate side, communications coordinators and government agents, and superintendents and principals within school districts. Negotiated contracts that ranged from 5 to 150 units.
· Achieved as high as 206% of monthly plan for number of units sold.
· Earned ranking as 3rd in the region and 53rd in the nation for annual production.
· Received Award as the highest revenue-producing agent in region (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and New Mexico) for four consecutive quarters.
ACME RESOURCES, Houston, Texas
Sales Manager, 1999 - 2000
Recruited into a sales manager's position, with total profit and loss responsibility for the Houston territory. Supervised up to 10 sales representatives.
· Grew sales force by 500%, achieving recognition as the #1 team in the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin area.
· Team exceeded plan consistently, attaining as high as 125%.
FERNDALE CORPORATION, Houston, Texas
Sales Manager, 1997 - 1999
Managed all operations involved in the sale of wireless communications to both corporate accounts and individuals. Maintained total profit and loss responsibility. Supervised a staff of sales associates. Interacted with business owners, controllers, purchasing agents and administrative support personnel.
· Achieved as high as 185% of plan for personal sales and team achieved as high as 133%.
· Team achieved or exceeded plan every month in 1998.
· Developed a repair facility in the store that reduced customer turnaround time.
· Organized the sales floor ergonomically and reduced time per sale by 70%.
· Selected higher quality candidates and contributed to one associate's promotion to a management position.
· Created quote sheets that allowed management to track percentage of purchases from number of inquiries.
· Designed a thank you envelope distributed after each purchase.
· Introduced $10 referral credit program.
· Initiated cold calling, trained staff, and established a quota of at least 10 calls per day.
· Served as a customer service representative for one year. Won quarterly contests for generating the most add-on sales and saving lost sales from customers closing accounts.
DOYLE AND ASSOCIATES, Houston, Texas
Account Manager, 1995 - 1997
Piloted a new program, managing the company's 15 largest nationwide accounts. Negotiated special pricing and served as liaison with sales representatives. Held positions as an inside sales representative and independent account representative until promoted to account manager.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts, Business
Dale Carnegie Sales Training