Administrative Assistant Best
95 Jackson Avenue, Dallas, TX 63453 / Tel# (325) 555-2642 Email: email@example.com
Eight years experience providing administrative support for educational institutions. Expert in using technology to enhance speed and accuracy of administrative tasks. Demonstrated range of professional communication skills. Earned Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration while working full-time.
· 10-Key Calculator
· Office Machines
· Data Entry
· Business Correspondence
· Mail Routing
· Community Relations
· MS Word
· MS Excel
· Stocking and Supplies
HOUSTON UNIVERSITY, Houston, Texas
1999 – Present
Provided wide range of administrative and clerical duties to the Financial Aid Department. Input student financial aid data into national database, calculated student loan totals for reporting purposes, and provided administrative support to student financial aid counselors.
· Designed templates to automate production of award letters and other common correspondence, reducing generation time by 75%.
· Performed timely and highly accurate data entry to ensure fastest turnaround possible for student financial aid applicants.
· Created Excel spreadsheets to summarize financial aid activity for University administrators.
· Answered incoming phone lines to provide details on filing deadlines and application status.
· Developed thorough guidelines for operating office equipment to reduce repair calls and streamline usage.
WASHINGTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Houston, Texas
1996 - 1999
Performed various clerical and administrative duties for Washington Community College’s English and Psychology Departments, including scheduling appointments and meetings, providing public information on programs, typing, filing, faxing, and answering phones.
· Assisted faculty with grade submissions to ensure timely posting of students’ grades.
· Managed departmental meeting schedules to eliminate conflicts and ensure the availability of all necessary attendees.
· Contacted students to schedule appointments with faculty. Devised a system to manage student contact information and organize messages between students and faculty.
· Volunteered in the department’s facility for severely disabled children by handling emergency situations, taking vitals, and monitoring patient condition at the direction of the professional staff.
LAKESIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Houston, Texas
1994 - 1996
Reporting directly to principal, opened office, and provided key clerical support for up to 55 staff and +550 students. School and district liaison with parents, students, vendors, and the general public. Acted as a primary information resource, providing referrals, direction, information, and general assistance.
· Managed extensive phone work to facilitate school-wide communication.
· Filtered principal’s mail and incoming calls to prioritize activity and reduce interruptions.
· Achieved 30% discount on purchases by ordering school supplies in bulk three times per year.
· Composed, edited and sent newsletters to inform the community of school needs, projects, and progress.
· Designed and generated reports to assist principal with school management activities: calendars, attendance, lunch verification, student progress reporting, purchase orders, inventory counts, and mailing databases.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Associate of Arts Degree, (Business Administration), 1998
Washington Community College, Houston, Texas
Microsoft Office for Support Professionals
Basic Bookkeeping with Quicken and QuickBooks
Customer Service Techniques