Business Development Executive
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accomplished marketing and business development executive with more than 15 years of achievement in Fortune 500 and start-up environments. In current role, nearly doubled sales in two years, to $130 million.
· Strong executive management background includes strategic planning, team building, alliance building, board-level presentations and investor relations.
· Top-level marketing experience includes market analysis, client relations, product and market development, product management, global sales channels and marketing communications.
· Expertise in technology includes telecommunications, broadband, wireless and satellite communications, with successful marketing and operations track record in multiple sectors.
· Twice developed product development processes that vastly improved marketing efforts and enabled explosive growth, for both ABC (1996-1999) and 123 Technology (2000-present).
123 Technology Corporation, New York, NY
123 supplies integrated circuits for fiber-optic transmission systems; sales of $130 million in 2001.
Vice President of Marketing (2000-present). Oversee all aspects of marketing, including product management, segment and strategic marketing, roadmaps, product definition, R&D, partnerships, M&A valuation, business plans, profitability and growth. Manage three direct reports in marketing.
· Determine all project selection and resource allocation for marketing and product development.
· Drive and maintain strong industry-wide reputation for technical and service excellence, enabling 95% client retention rates and higher price points, despite economic downturn.
· Play key role in investor relations. Wrote substantial portions of S1 document for successful IPO in 2001 and script quarterly conference calls in conjunction with IR manager.
· Manage all MarCom activities, including tradeshows, PR, advertising, promotions, brochures, collateral development, white papers and press interactions.
· Built strategic marketing teams for two main segments: transport and framing/aggregation. Developed roadmaps in both segments to guide engineering staffing and planning toward sustained growth.
· Built product management team of professionals to accommodate five product lines and 20 launches, producing substantial revenue growth (from $70 million to $130 million within two years).
· Built supporting technical marketing to streamline system engineering and develop product strategy.
· Built Critical Success Factors tracking system to manage customer-focused interactions with required actions for marketing, sales and engineering. Created competitive advantage with resulting synergy.
Executive Director of Marketing and Sales (1999-2000). Planned and managed all marketing and sales.
· Drove 21-fold sales increase, from $3.4 million in 1998 to $20 million in 1999 and $72 million in 2000.
· Built scalable, worldwide sales force to support $70 million in revenue. Created all MarCom support for company, with FY 2001 budget of $3.5 million.
· Provided product definition roadmaps for new products in mixed-signal, VLSI and module product groups. Built highly responsive product-management organization to support all four product lines.
· Negotiated over $20 million in development and production contracts with tier-one telecom firms.
· Played essential role in opening and penetrating key new accounts, including Cisco and NABC.
· Managed real estate transactions, fitting and operational aspects for company headquarters during relocation from San Francisco, CA to New York, NY.
· Rapidly promoted from Director of Marketing and Sales (1999).
ABC Corporation, San Francisco, CA
Firm is leading developer of optoelectronic components for cable TV networks; acquired by XYZ.
Marketing Engineer/Product Line Manager (1996-1999). Planned and managed development of firm’s first digital telecommunications products: 10Gb/s receiver and laser.
· Co-developed and wrote business plan for new Telecommunications business unit in 1996.
· Led successful marketing and product development efforts that produced $15 million in new revenue by 1999, exceeding expectations by 50%. Initiated and negotiated all contracts.
· For Satellite Communications unit, helped grow sales to produce 30% of overall ABC business. Also managed design-in opportunities in satellite communications and microwave transmission.
· Managed account penetration at two tier-one telecommunications companies.
Engineering Specialist (1993-1996). Played key troubleshooting and management role.
· Advanced technology work included leading participation in WEST 40Gb/s DWDM consortium, ABC’s first effort in digital transmission. Received accolades as one of DARPA’s most successful efforts.
· Managed implementation team for ISO-9001, achieving first-pass success with no major violations in four months. Rapidly created and documented product development process that met ISO objectives.
· Saved 20% of company revenue in 1996 by rescuing major development contract: redesigned fiber-optic transmitter to meet requirements of leading cellular customer, resulting in patent award.
Manager, Microwave Product Development (1990-1993). Managed all product development from technical perspective for 50% of ABC revenue. Managed three direct reports and numerous key projects.
Promoted from Senior Project Engineer and Project Engineer (1986-1990).
Project Engineer, MTS I, MTS II: Major Aircraft Corporation, El Capitan, CA
Handled product development and project work for microwave and millimeter wave transmission products.
· Served as REA (project leader) for satellite millimeter wave receiver program, involving 12 engineers and $17-million budget. Also did advanced R&D in millimeter wave receiver technology.
· For outstanding efforts, received two promotions in less than four years.
· Masters of Business Administration: The Anderson School of Management, UCLA (1998).
Executive MBA program included field study of Sun Microsystems and 10 of its customers.
· Bachelor of Science: Electrical Engineering: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (1983). Chemical Engineering minor.
Co-holder of two patents, with 25 professional publications and presentations (1987-present).
Kevin Donlin - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.gresumes.com