604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Human Resource/Personnel Manager with over 15 years experience in compensation design, benefits administration, recruitment, training, and knowledge of all federal and state employment laws. Key areas of experience include:
• Staff Training, Development and Management • Program Development and Implementation
• Problem-Solving and Complaint Resolution • Project and Department Management
• Employee Grievance Process • Labor Law and Regulation Compliance
• Needs and Risk Assessments • Pre-Employment Testing and Interviewing
• Legal Negotiations • Seminar and Workshop Development
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
• Reduced employee turnover from 80% to 1%, maintaining a 1% turnover for the past two years.
• Assessed 5-10 applicants daily, for potential employment, matching them to employers' criteria for interpersonal skills, technical expertise, and learning potential.
• Updated departmental policies and procedures to comply with current employment laws. Created, designed, implemented, and updated all manuals for entire corporation.
• Handled 20-67 advertisement telephone calls daily, analyzed and correlated employee verification, conducted interviews, requested credit bureau reports, oversaw drug screening, and scheduled training.
TRAINING & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
• Provided monthly employee awareness seminars on topics such as current procedures, benefits, and policies.
• Conducted corporate training needs assessments. Planned, and delivered employee development programs.
• Trained, supervised, and evaluated staff, enabling them to improve skills and achieve work objectives.
• Mediated to identify and resolve conflicts between staff members, clarifying work relationships and alleviating communication problems.
• Initiated partnering with management to coordinate and develop internal communications and promote organizational, personnel and employee developmental programs.
• Supervised and coordinated major projects of benefits, wage increases, and employee relations programs.
• Designed highly successful and innovative Human Resource plan -- assessed needs, developed guidelines, and updated to maintain proficiency and analyzed the program design to anticipate and minimize problem areas.
Maxwell Management, New York, NY
1995 - Present
Human Resources Manager
FJK Corporation, Seattle, WA
1989 - 1995
Human Relations Manager
Octagon, Inc., Seattle, WA
1980 - 1989
Assistant Personnel Director/Branch Manager
Sonoma State University
Multi-Subject Teaching Credential
Sonoma State University
B.A., Environmental Business
Hiring & Firing within the Law, Effective & Legal Hiring, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, Time Management, Personnel Relations, Human Resource Planning, Wage & Salary Administration. Computer knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Research.