604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Program Development – Budget Control – Leadership & Staff Development
Dedicated Healthcare Executive with 15+ year record of progressively responsible management experience in clinical and non-clinical environments. Major contributions include successful development of new clinical programs resulting in multi-million dollar bottom line improvements. Consistently meet/exceed expectations, combining cost containment with quality improvement and customer service. Strategic thinker with reputation for inclusive management style to reach team goals.
BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER – New York, NY
2000 to Present
Director of Accommodations
Recruited to develop and implement 5-star customer service program for the Milstein Hospital and the Children’s Hospital. Contributed to development of the hospital’s matrix organization.
· Initiated Press-Ganey customer satisfaction survey program. Established the Accommodations Department, serving as primary contact for senior management and achieving improvements in customer satisfaction rating of 2%.
· Established first patient call center in Cardiac as single point of contact for all customer concerns. Success resulted in additional funding to expand program to Oncology, GI, NeuroSurgery, and ER. Finalized all programs within 8 months – anticipated:18 months. Hired Accommodation Managers for each clinical service line, supervising four direct reports.
· Developed and implemented long-term food service solution to remedy food plant production problem.
· Resolved non-compliance issues and achieved 90% compliance with all regulatory standards mandated by JCAHO within first year by instituting improvement plan.
KARTEL, INC. – New York, NY
2000 to 2001
Senior Account Manager - Identified and established healthcare accounts for Kartel, Inc., a $200 million system integrator providing IT solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Generated $1+ million sales increase by establishing partnerships/accounts with Cooper Medical Center; Danbury Health System; MBNA Bank; Sunoco Oil; New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
MEDICS GROUP, INC. – New York, NY
1999 to 2000
Managing Partner - Developed and implemented business plan and marketing strategies for medical billing and collections company. Developed bid proposals and managed overall goal direction.
WESTERN QUEENS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL – Long Island City, NY
1994 to 1999
Recruited by President & CEO to direct clinical and non-clinical health system operations and spearhead new programs for 550-beds, 1,500-employees community hospital (acute care and rehabilitation care). Managed $125 million budget and supervised eight direct/975 indirect reports. Board Member ‘95 to ‘99.
VP/Executive Director of Support Services
1996 to 1999
Areas of responsibility included Engineering, Parking, Security, Food Service, and Housekeeping.
VP/Executive Director of Clinical Operations
1994 to 1996
Areas of responsibility included: Radiology, Cardiology, Pharmacy, and Laboratory Services.
· Developed 10-year comprehensive Facility Master Plan, encompassing: Rehabilitation Center, Family Health Center, Pain Management Program, Wound Care Center, Gero-Psychiatric Unit, Nursery, Skilled Nursing (sub-acute care).
Bottom Line Improvements
· Captured $1.8 million in savings within 12 months by consolidating Food Service Production & Distribution, Centralized Patient Escort, and O.R. Central Processing programs.
· Reduced ‘98 operating expense budget by $1- million through service consolidation and staff reduction.
· Achieved $2 million in savings by administering development of operating expense reduction program.
Facility Expansion & Improvements
· Resolved loss of Family Health Center accreditation issue (since 1992) due to organization’s inability to locate suitable facility. Recruited Property Manager and Architect to locate, purchase, and design space.
· Managed vendor selection, negotiations, and project coordination. Completed project under budget.
· Acquired Skilled Nursing Home Facility; completed project $1 million under $3.5 million budget.
· Facilitated various complex renovations (i.e. 30,000 sq. ft. Family Practice Center).
KINGS COUNTY HOSPITAL CENTER – Brooklyn, NY
1991 to 1994
Senior Associate Director II of Surgery
Recruited by Executive Director of Patient Care to oversee all Surgical Services and direct the Operating Room for Municipal Trauma Center, licensed for 1,200 beds (600 operational). Areas of clinical responsibility included: PACU, Cytology, NeuroSurgery, Neurology.
· Delivered 23% OR utilization improvement and equipment conflict reduction by reducing first case delays and through implementation of computerized OR scheduling and inventory system.
· Transitioned cost center (prior OR inefficiency) into profit center by consolidating OR rooms and redeploying staff to open Vascular Surgery Lab Program.
MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL - New York, NY
Assistant Director Operating Room Support Service
NEW YORK STATE COLLEGE HOSPITAL – New York, NY
Divisional Support Services Coordinator
NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL - New York, NY
Director of Transportation/Unit Manager
M.S. in Health Service Management and Policy
Graduation anticipated 12/2004
New York University – New York, NY
B.A. in Biology and Chemistry - 1989
Lehman College - New York, NY