Community Director Best
30667 Deer Ridge Place, San Francisco, CA 94126 / Tel# (415) 555-1044 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public administrator, planner, and advocate with over 15 years experience communicating the concerns of citizens to government leaders. Expertise in connecting available assistance programs with eligible recipients. Demonstrated ability to build, motivate, and manage cohesive teams focused on regional solutions to growth and development issues. Trusted advisor to local, state, and federal officials and recognized representative of unbiased regional needs.
· Formulated and published Bay Area Master Plan to guide development decisions.
· Applied innovate use of information technology and the Internet to communicate governmental activities to citizens and communities.
· Served as regional representative for planning and development commissions.
· Facilitated direct exchange of ideas among constituents and officials.
· Developed relationships of mutual trust with government leaders at all levels.
ASSOCIATION OF BAY AREA GOVERNMENTS, Oakland, CA
1998 - Present
Managed a team of 12 public administration professionals to coordinate regional planning and economic development efforts. Reported progress to local, state, and national government leaders, including briefings with mayors, the Governor, and members of the President’s Cabinet. Attended weekly meetings of city councils, county boards, and regional commissions.
· Pioneered the application of information technology to inform the public of governmental programs and progress. Web site became a model for state and federal organizations.
· Supervised the activities of staff through weekly focused action-update meetings.
· Organized and sponsored the first national meeting of major metropolitan area development and planning professionals to share information and coordinate federal funding requests.
· Published and regularly updated the Master Plan for the Bay Area. Online circulation estimated at over 4 million visitors annually.
ASSOCIATION OF BAY AREA GOVERNMENTS, Oakland, CA
1993 - 1998
Community Development Director
Managed housing development activities for a regional government association, including fundraising, lobbying, public relations, and appropriations. Planned and conducted meetings, town halls, open forums, and social events. Represented regional interests to local businesses as well as state and federal government agencies.
· Organized regional planning forums to coordinate inter-city planning efforts.
· Sponsored quarterly town hall meetings to encourage community involvement and interaction with government agencies.
· Successfully lobbied industry groups for $8M to support pilot projects and feasibility studies.
· Lobbied federal government agencies to support local planning and development efforts, citing positive results of locally funded pilot projects.
ALAMEDA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY, Oakland, CA
1989 - 1993
Community Relations Manager
Served as liaison between citizens of Alameda County and local, state, and federal government agencies, facilitating the exchange of information, helping resolve complaints, and ensuring equal access to programs and services. Prepared quarterly reports of community relations activities and compliance progress.
· Met with 25 community groups and presented information on applicable assistance programs.
· Designed, developed, and distributed brochures to local community centers to facilitate easy access to housing information.
· Presented concerns of community groups to appropriate government departments and initiated weekly updates to citizens detailing governmental responses.
· Developed a leadership network among community groups to coordinate activities and build county-wide consensus on housing issues and plans.
SAN FRANCISCO CONFERENCE BOARD, San Francisco, CA
1985 - 1989
Spearheaded event / program planning, development, and management. Organized multiple projects concurrently with strong detail, problem-solving, and follow-through capabilities. Sourced vendors, negotiated contracts, and managed budgets.
· Planned and coordinated government conferences, meetings, events, and fund-raisers. Saved $72,000 on most recent meeting.
· Coordinated over 120 conference activities, workshops, meetings, tours, and special events. Received recognition by participants and convention management.
· Trained, directed, and supervised teams to accomplish goals.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Master of Public Policy and Administration, 1985
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Bachelor of Arts (English), 1981
Public Administrators of America, Member
Bay Area Planners, President
American City and Regional Planners, Board Member
National Chamber of Commerce, Member
Association of Major Metropolitan Communities, Founding Member
Development Council of America, Treasurer