Nursing Facility Administrator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR qualified for senior level management opportunities within an assisted living or retirement community organization. Strengths include planning, development and visionary leadership. Highlights include:
• Market driven executive with 25 years' experience in residential care/health care including areas of building and grounds management, facility restoration, budget preparation and control, personnel/employee relations, recruiting, foodservice management, and customer service.
• Independent problem solver with ability to assist and resolve specific client concerns to everyone's satisfaction.
• Skilled communicator who consistently motivates staff to provide total quality service to clients.
Community Center, New York, NY
1999 - Present
Managed skilled nursing facility with $5.5 million in annual revenue. Oversaw $4 million annual budget, 200+ member staff, overall resident care, all business functions, and facility management. Secured Department of Health approval.
• Increased annual resident revenue through additional admissions by securing Medicare certification for entire facility.
• Spearheaded large collection effort on delinquent accounts; reduced average outstanding receivables from 80 to 62 days.
• Reduced monthly nursing temporary help expenses from $80K to $20K through intensive recruiting efforts and by providing in-house training for certified nursing assistant candidates.
• Led first facility remodeling project in 25 years by allocating $25K in funds towards refurbishing and improvement of residential areas.
Gould Retirement Home, Inc., New York, NY
1989 - 1999
Supervised retirement community with over $5 million in annual revenue. Managed all organizational operations, facility and service marketing efforts, financial management, strategic planning, and major restoration project supervision.
• Managed $3 million renovation of upscale facility, ensuring state and local building code compliance.
• Coordinated architectural efforts, doubling facility's resident capacity.
• Doubled home's revenue stream while holding expense increases to 25% through careful financial planning and operations management.
• Developed and implemented private pay revenue system by replacing facility's long-time contract to with more financially sound monthly rental system.
NorCal Healthcare, Inc., Sacramento, CA
1985 - 1989
Directed business operations of hospital and health system with over $5 million in annual revenue. Managed acute care hospital, MD/DO office practice, and home health care service, recruited physicians, and bolstered publicity efforts for pain treatment program throughout California.
• Rejuvenated operations to salvage hospital and health system from bankruptcy.
• Increased outpatient revenue by approximately 80% through establishment of pain management program servicing patients in California.
• Resolved serious cash flow problem by leading three-month employee wage reduction program, restoring lost wages at end following establishment of permanent solutions.
• Improved marketing efforts, increasing visibility of facility and services.
Baptist Hospital and Health Systems, Denver, CO
1984 - 1985
Community General Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
1977 - 1984
Boston College, Boston, MA
M.B.A., Hospital and Health Services Administration
American College of Hospitals, South Bend, IN
B.S., Business Administration
Nursing Home Administrator's License
Member, New York Extended Care Federation, 1999 - 2002
Member, New York Association of Services for the Aging, 1989 - 1999
Member, American College of Hospital Administrators , 1979 - 1989
Member, State Chamber of Commerce - 2001-present
Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (Business School Honor Society) - 1975-present
PRWRA Patricia Traina - The Resume Writer - E-mail: email@example.com - http://www.theresumewriter.com