604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Career Focus – Wildlife Attendant
Compassionate and dedicated high school student with a long time interest in animal care and study. Genuine love and concern for the well-being of all animals. Committed to continued learning and improvement of skills within the animal and wildlife fields. Confident and able to learn new skills quickly.
· Long standing interest and desire to succeed in wildlife and animal studies.
· Demonstrated track record for achieving goals in a team environment.
· Proven experience within animal care environments, successfully gaining valuable knowledge and insight into the proper care and welfare of animals.
· Proficient leadership, planning and business writing skills gained as Treasurer/Secretary for Adventurers Scout Association. Includes managing reports, paperwork and organizing unit activities.
· Outstanding record of performance, reliability, confidentiality, and ethical business standards.
· Self-motivated, energetic resourceful individual with a strong ability to find most efficient ways to organize and perform work.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; readily establish rapport with individuals of various ages and cultures.
Cherry Hill State High School – Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2000 to Present
Level 1 Nutritional Advisor Program (Animal Nutrition)
Small Animal Nutrition in Health
Small Animal Nutrition for Clinical Situations
Professional & Work Experience
IGA – Cherry Hill, NJ
2003 to Present
Cashier/Customer Service (Casual)
Highly regarded team member for leading supermarket chain performing a variety of functions, including point of sale operation; customer service; cash handling; and EFTPOS transactions.
· Provided exceptional customer service, maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with all customers, co-workers, and professional staff.
· Processed and received customer payments for goods by cash, check, and credit/debit cards, providing change or cash out as required.
· Calculated and kept records of amounts received and paid, regularly checking the cash balance against this record.
· Maintained a high level of customer service and client relations by assisting customers in finding products within the store.
Cherry Hill Veterinary Clinic – Cherry Hill, NJ
Veterinary Assistant/Animal Attendant (work experience)
Team member of local veterinary clinic responsible for assisting veterinary staff in surgery preparation; cleaning of kennels and surgery; feeding of animals, hydrobaths, dog walking, and general clerical duties.
· Assisted veterinary staff and surgeons on an “as needs basis” during consultations, surgical procedures, and treatments.
· Provided therapeutic massage to stimulate blood circulation, relieve tired muscles and stimulate the skin by bathing and grooming animals with the hydrobath.
· Assisted veterinary staff in monitoring surgical and anaesthetic recovery of animals.
· Ensured the care and well-being of kennelled dogs by taking them on walks to stimulate muscle and blood circulation, while at the same time providing an effective and enjoyable environment.
· Cleaned and prepared comfortable sleeping quarters for animals.
Island Destiny Cruises – New Jersey, NJ
Valued team member for showboat cruise restaurant performing a variety of functions, including customer service; taking of orders; serving of food and drinks; answering of questions; and cashiering.
· Maintained a calm and reassuring demeanor under high-pressure situations.
· Provided a high level of customer service and client relations based on outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Calculated bill orders and took payments by cash and credit/debit cards, providing change where necessary.
City & Country Vets – New Jersey, NJ
Veterinary Assistant (work experience)
Team member of local veterinary clinic responsible for assisting veterinary staff in surgery preparation; cleaning of kennels and surgery; feeding of animals, hydrobaths, dog walking, and general clerical duties
· Assisted veterinary staff and surgeons in the preparation of physical exams and surgical procedures.
· Performed a variety of duties to assist in the proper care of animals, including preparing food (including special diets), ear cleaning, cleaning of enclosures, dog walking and hydrobaths.
· Treated minor injuries and reported serious health problems to veterinarians.
Treasurer/Secretary – Adventurers Scout Association
Senior Concert Band
Involvement in all school productions
Jennifer Rushton - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.keraijen.com.au