Store Manager And Operations Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Thirty-year management career. Expertise in building, revitalizing and/or optimizing a company's organizational infrastructure, products, processes, and sales/marketing strategies to optimize results.
• Proven management professional with both start-up and ongoing business operations; excellent ability to develop new business through persistence, thorough planning and research, and effective proposal presentation.
• Reputation for ability to influence, motivate and lead people - staff, customers, vendors - through effective communication and personal interaction skills.
• Equally skilled in business planning, financial analysis, goal setting, and directing day-to-day operations to achieve objectives.
Proficient in advertising, marketing, and customer relations.
Effectively manage multiple departments, personnel and product lines.
Extensive sales management and training experience.
CORE MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATIONS
• General Management / Operations Management
• Strategic Business Planning and Development
• Revenue / Market Growth and Profit Improvement
• Product, Performance and Market Optimization
• Strategic Marketing and New Business Development
• Customer Service and Satisfaction
• Personnel Training and Development
• Finance, Accounting and Budgeting
• Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Value-Added Products and Customer Relations
Beale and Sons Inc., Casper, WY
1992 - Present
Store Location Manager
Managed store operations, marketing, advertising and sales. Supervised 12+ sales staff including truck drivers / distribution, office personnel, sales associates, maintenance and consultant. Effectively maintained and monitored $3 million in inventory. Managed a 5-state customer based sales territory while maintaining consistently high levels of sales performance and customer satisfaction.
• Held sales seminars to increase product knowledge, selling techniques and suggestive add-on sales.
• Communicated regularly with sales staff and management to keep abreast and gather input of supplies, logistics, billing information, product information, business needs, policies, goals and planning.
• Managed 6,500 square feet of showroom and 1,0000 square feet of stockroom (on 4 acres of land).
• Continually gathered customer feedback of products and needs.
• Conducted probationary and yearly employee evaluations.
• Performed and supervised yearly inventory audits.
• Attained #1 Browning distributorship in Wyoming.
• Ranked in the Top 2 in Beretta and Benelle sales in Wyoming.
• Successfully diversified product lines and increased sales by 66%.
• Instrumental in instituting advertising for store, location, and merchandise.
• Attended manufacturer group shows to maximize stock, discounts and keep up with current products.
• Created and distributed a 10,000+ customer mail-out of new merchandise and special item sales.
Beale and Sons Inc., Casper, WY
1971 - 1992
Identified market demand and opportunity, negotiated with product and equipment suppliers, and developed the multi-disciplined operation. Managed agriculture, farming, lawn & garden, sporting goods and hunting, and pet supply operations and marketed throughout region. Maintained full profit and loss responsibility ensuring competitiveness and profitability. Supervised 12+ sales staff including truck drivers / distribution, office personnel, sales associates, maintenance and consultant.
• Structured and negotiated favorable relationships with leading brokers to advance product sales and market penetration.
• Implemented skills training, job training, leadership development, safety training and product knowledge for seasonal, hourly, administrative and management personnel.
• Assisted in the design of multiple hunting bags for decoys.
• Improved sales and efficiency by implementing one of the first computerized purchase order and inventory tracking systems in the industry.
• Successfully diversified into feed, lawn and garden and sporting good products.
• Organized dinners for farmers to educate and inform on products.
• One of the first dealers to install a bulk-handling facility.
Wyoming National Guard, Casper, WY
1968 - 1971
Officer's Training and Advanced Officer's Training
Wyoming State University, Cheyenne, WY
Bachelor of Science, Agri-Business
Training, Licenses, and Certifications
Certification Crop Advisor Program, #12979 - American Society of Agronomy
Hazmat Qualification -General Awareness, Function Specific, Safety Training
Hunter's Education Certificate, #98059056
Worker Protection Standard Training Handler Verification -US EPA, ID#H0040936
Ground Commercial Applicator -WY Dept. of Agriculture and Forestry ID# CA01-1527
Browning Training Academy - Morgan, UT
Acusport Trading Show - Billings, MT
National Shooting Sports Federation Shot Show
Former Mayor Pro-Tem
National Rifle Association
Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Board, Casper
PRWRA Judy Arabie - Just Your Type, Inc. - Résumé Manager - http://www.justyourtype.com - email@example.com