604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN • PROJECT COORDINATOR • PROJECT MANAGER
Well-respected, self-motivated individual seeking new job opportunity where extensive background and experience in the construction field would be an asset to a commercial, industrial or general construction contracting firm.
• Solid work history in challenging leadership/supervisory roles, with ten years of experience as general contractor.
• Proven abilities in managing, coordinating and overseeing an entire construction process, from conception to final construction, on a timely and cost-effective basis.
• Adept in job costing, scheduling and subcontractor selection; understand contracts, plans and specifications, as well as knowledgeable of construction methods, materials and regulations.
• Direct and decisive, with the ability to work under pressure; an effective problem solver and communicator.
• Professional manner and good people skills, fostering positive, productive working relationships with supervisors, subcontractors, employees and union workers.
• Keen business acumen; high degree of personal integrity and work ethic.
OSHA Teaching License, OSHA Teaching Institute
CITY OF CHICAGO - DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
1993 - Present
Coordinate, delegate, monitor and inspect window washing activities at various locations throughout Chicago's two major transportation facilities. Oversee 105 municipal employees on two shifts. Maintain equipment and machinery. Keep records and prepare related reports. Additional duties include coordination and supervision of snow removal in all parking structures.
• Recognized for outstanding performance and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ensure that workers, equipment and materials are used properly to maximize productivity, efficiency and safety.
• Consistently demonstrate skills in motivating employees, maintaining morale and commanding respect.
• Act as facilitator when dealing with a diverse work force, challenging situations and conflict resolution.
• Exhibit high level of professionalism in interactions with management, supervisors and workers.
• Train new employees as needed.
1982 - 1992
President / Owner
Successfully formed and headed up this general contracting firm specializing in commercial and industrial construction projects. Held overall responsibility for the completion of all construction in accordance with architect's drawings and specifications, and prevailing building codes. Scheduled and coordinated work at various job sites, including selection and oversight of specialty subcontractors. Estimated labor and material costs. Managed budget. Handled all aspects of personnel management, including payroll, employee hirings and insurance claims. Maintained service contracts.
• Oversaw small and large-scale ground-up and existing construction projects for diverse client list that included fast-food chains, industrial parks and motion picture production houses.
• Effectively coordinated several major activities simultaneously, while analyzing and resolving specific problems; completed projects on time and within budget.
• Built strong relationships with clients and maintained a good understanding of their business needs.
City College, Chicago, IL
Business Law, Accounting