Director Human Resources Best
1200 Harrison Street, Baltimore, MD 21207 / Tel# (301) 555-7478 Email: email@example.com
Director, Human Resources
International Human Resources Manager with more than 24 years of experience, including six years at the global, corporate level. Expertise includes developing international human resources departments from ground zero, rebuilding infrastructure after mergers, downsizing, and turnarounds, creating and implementing programs to improve operations, performing organizational diagnostics, executing executive-level training programs, and administering all human resource functions to support operations with up to 3000 employees. Earned an Executive MBA in International Management and an MS in HR Management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
§ Human Resources Generalist Affairs
§ Benefits and Compensation Administration
§ Management Training and Development
§ Wage and Salary Analysis/Employee Surveys
§ Organizational Needs Assessment
§ COBRA and 401-K Administration
§ Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
§ Project Planning and Management
§ Employee Grievance Proceedings
§ Educational Presentations and Seminars
§ Cost Controls and Benefit Analysis
§ Supervision and Recruitment
§ Employee Relations and Retention
§ Policy and Development
MAXWELL MANAGEMENT, Baltimore, MD
1998 - Present
Director, Human Resources
Managed human resource activities to support over 2000 employees. Maintained additional responsibility for managing the executive development program in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
· Initiated, developed, and implemented an executive assessment program. Executives increased skills and knowledge by an average of 32% as a result of assessment findings.
· Established all human resources functions at a start-up satellite office with 40 employees.
· Spearheaded a two-member team that evaluated the impact of a merger on human resource activities. Worked closely with over 200 employees to determine the related problems that could impact merger proceedings.
· Organized and conducted a two-day, offsite conference that provided 110 corporate executives with leadership development and goal definition training.
MAXWELL MANAGEMENT, Baltimore, MD
1996 - 1998
Directed recruiting efforts for senior management positions in multinational corporations. Established strong relationships with client organizations, maintaining a critical needs list with the highest priority openings. Formed partnerships with leading Executive MBA programs offering international business emphasis. Developed an active network of international managers.
· Assessed 5-10 applicants per day, for potential employment, matching them to employers’ criteria for interpersonal skills, technical expertise, and management potential.
· Encouraged networking among placed executives by sponsoring annual gatherings.
· Oversaw the creation of a database storing employment opportunities and available applicants to improve effectiveness in matching needs with resources.
· Employed video technology to fine-tune applicants’ interviewing, communication, and presentation skills.
BRADFORD BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, Washington, D.C.
1993 - 1996
Director of Personnel
Initiated and developed Human Resource Department by consolidating related functions. Updated corporate policies and procedures to comply with employment laws. Created, designed, implemented, and updated personnel manuals for entire corporation.
· Initiated partnering with management to develop internal communications and promote organizational, personnel and employee developmental programs.
· Trained staff to manage daily inquiries, verify employment, conduct interviews, analyze credit reports, and schedule new employee training.
· Provided monthly employee awareness seminars on topics such as current procedures, benefits, and policies.
· Conducted corporate training needs assessments. Planned and delivered employee development programs.
HELIX INTERNATIONAL, Washington, D.C.
1985 - 1993
Human Resource Manager
Spearheaded and managed human resource functions of a new international operation involving 1200 employees in 26 countries. Hired and trained employees to open a number of offices in Europe and Latin America. Analyzed human resource program design to anticipate and minimize problem areas.
· Implemented MBA recruitment program to target specific need for managers.
· Managed staff training program to ensure workforce skills aligned to corporate goals.
· Reorganized compensation methodology to guarantee competitive reward structure.
· Designed highly successful and innovative Human Resource plan.
MANNING AND ASSOCIATES, Lancaster, PA
1980 - 1985
Supported director and manager of human resources in the administration of benefits, payroll, and other human resource activities. Interacted with all personnel, from executives to employees on the manufacturing lines.
· Led team in consolidation of benefits and payroll departments to achieve 27% cost reduction.
· Prepared training plan to refocus employees after a major reorganization.
· Managed human resources software conversion, reducing average annual overtime by over 300 hours.
· Coordinated a School Work Program by creating and implementing new company policies that supported these efforts.
· Served as liaison with schools to streamline interviewing, selecting, and supervising students.
WORLD MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS, INC., Philadelphia, PA
1978 - 1980
Recruited recent college graduates for entry-level positions in management and technical areas. Designed and launched college recruiting program working directly with College Career Center personnel. Interviewed supervisors to determine specific needs and conducted follow-up placement satisfaction surveys.
· Developed Employee Assimilation Program to improve new employee orientation to company policies and procedures.
· Consistently exceeded monthly quotas for qualified candidates by at least 15%.
· Reduced turnover rate by 21% and number of probational hires by half.
· Prototyped Career Day booth and Career Fair interview protocols to improve company visibility and efficiency.
Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
Executive MBA (International Management), 1995
Maryland State University, Baltimore, Maryland
Master of Science (Management - Human Resources), 1978
Baltimore College, Baltimore, Maryland
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), 1974
Society for Human Resource Management, Member
Baltimore Area HR Professionals, Vice-President
American Association of Human Resource Managers, Member
International Business Professionals, Member
Baltimore College, School of Management, Guest Lecturer