604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Executive-level economist with a 14-year history within the oil and gas industry as a Senior Economist with Quaker State. Corporate experience is diverse and includes short-term and long-term forecasting, risk management, hedging, modeling, strategic planning, and market outlooks. Additional academic experience involves teaching a variety of economic coursework to both graduate and undergraduate students at various universities in Houston and New York. Earned a Ph.D. in Economics.
Quaker State Company, Houston, Texas
1996 - Present
Senior Economist - Quaker State Exploration Company
Served as the sole economist within this multi-billion dollar oil and gas corporation. Provided information regarding oil and gas markets (prices, storage movements, drilling costs, supply and demand, risk management, outlook, econometric modeling, and statistical analysis), short-term and long-term interest rates, prices, profit planning, short-term and long-term forecasting, strategic planning, and inflation rates.
• Member of a team that started a new risk management group from ground zero, led by the Vice President of Crude Oil and Natural Gas Marketing; integrated trading and crude oil exchanges between upstream and downstream activities, and developed hedging strategies for risk management (added several million dollars in net income)
• Developed models that analyzed and forecast natural gas site-specific price differences (basis)
• Analyzed downstream oil margins and correlations between crude oil and oil products used to forecast crack spreads
• Developed Monte Carlo simulations of natural gas storage and natural gas prices using @Risk software (allowed a 95% confidence interval for storage levels)
• Produced on Oil and Gas Outlook in October 1996 and April 1997 that justified and explained long-term ten year forecast, short-term one year forecast, and oil and gas market outlooks
• Created a highly successful and accurate model that predicted natural gas storage movements
• Wrote an outlook of Canadian natural gas market, taking into consideration that it is a smaller market where weather is a greater factor
Quaker State Company, Houston, Texas
1984 - 1995
Senior Economist - Energy, Corporate Planning and Economics
Performed oil and gas related macroeconomic activities such as econometric modeling, statistical analysis, and forecasting. Conducted presentations to management on economic and oil and gas outlook. Served on various committees within industry associations.
• Developed a valuation of coal seam gas and coal reserves utilized in a potential acquisition
• Analyzed various energy tax proposals to determine their effect on the industry as a whole and on Quaker State in particular
• Contributed to a paper on the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, arguing for continuation of the fill rate that was submitted to the National Research Council
Texas Oil Corporation, Houston, Texas
1982 - 1984
Senior Economist - Economics Division, Corporate Planning
Worked with team to develop and refine econometric modeling, statistical analysis, and forecasting. Briefed management on economic outlook for energy industry. Assisted industry association committee members with gathering and processing economic and production data.
Houston Christian University, Houston, Texas
1985 - Present
Adjunct Professor of Economics
Provide instruction on the graduate level in macroeconomics and managerial economics (microeconomics, statistics, econometrics, risk analysis, market theory, and regulation).
Texas State University, Houston, Texas
1997 - Present
Instructor of Economics
Teach a graduate course in managerial economics.
New York University, StoneyBrook, NY
1976 - 1981
Taught microeconomic theory, econometrics, public finance, and mathematical economics within the graduate program. Served as acting director of the Institute for Urban Science Research in 1981.
Columbia University, New York, NY
1975 - 1976
Assistant Professor of Economics
Taught microeconomic theory and public finance to both graduate and undergraduate students.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK at Stony Brook, New York
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Boston, Massachusetts
Master of Arts - Economics - December 1970
Bachelor of Arts - Economics - June 1969
International Association for Energy Economics - Current Member
American Economic Association - Former Member
The Escape Center - Member - Fundraising activities for child abuse relief
Leukemia Society - Member - Fundraising