604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Chief Operating Officer, Plant Manager, Facilities Manager or Director of Quality Control & Risk Management.
OPERATIONS / MANUFACTURING / FACILITIES
30 years experience in supervision, operations, and management in the field of chemical/paper/plastics manufacturing. Managed multiple divisions which included 200 personnel, budgetary oversight of $1.8M/year, and an $8M special installation project as part of capital improvement campaign.
Awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Instrument and Process Control Technology from Illinois State University. Hold additional certifications in Plant Engineering and Welding. Received on-going training through DCS Phase One of Reliance Automation, as well as Phase One/Advance Design of the Allen & Bradley PLC 5. Have academic and professional experience with additional training in negotiations, risk management, human resources, finance, quality/safety, and regulatory compliance.
Dellany Paper, Dellany, IL
1996 - Present
• Project supervisor of over 200 people -- skillfully negotiated union grievances and non-union contracts while maintaining positive internal and external relationships. Supervised technicians and panel of environment, health, and safety professionals as EHS Coordinator.
• Responsible for all instrumentation and electrical equipment in mill producing 600 tons per day.
• Took risk management initiatives to reduce failures by 31%.
• Wrote and coordinated all new safety, health and environmental procedures and programs.
• Sought by corporate executives to serve as Project leader of major (RTO) system design & installation.
• Lead team to bring Dellany Paper Mill 2 into compliance with MACT I guidelines.
Champion Manufacturing Inc, Dekalb, IL
1984 - 1995
• Responsible for all electrical and instrumentation in the mill, point person in all safety, quality, and regulatory compliance issues.
• Reduced Total Incident Ratio and Loss Time Incidents by 66%.
• Preventative maintenance increased productivity by 50 feet per minute.
• Efforts reduced downtown by 40% at an annual savings of $200K.
• Served as Safety chairperson to reduce workman's compensation costs by 43%.
• Designed and purchased electrical/mechanical equipment for $30M capital improvement project.
• Interim Human Resources responsible for interviewing, hiring, union grievances, record keeping, policy development, and clear articulation of Mill Management goals and objectives.
LF, Inc., Eaton, IL
1970 - 1983
Electrical Maintenance PitMoore
• Responsible for 5 technicians in the areas of troubleshooting, systems design, and equipment upgrade.
• Supervised concept to completion installation of two full chemical processes.