Law Firm Associate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accomplished law firm Associate with expertise in drafting motions, briefs, legal memoranda, and settlement brochures, as well as analyzing complex documents. Thorough experience developing legal strategies and using proven methods for effective trial preparation. Settled 90% of cases assigned and generated revenue in excess of a half-million dollars within eight months for a prominent firm. Internet savvy and well versed in using technology to perform extensive legal research. Familiar with MS Word and WordPerfect, LegalEZ, Summation, Lexis-Nexis, and TrailWorks.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Family Law
· Corporate Practice
· Personal Injury
· Entertainment Law
· Criminal Law
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
American Bar Association
Washington D.C. Bar Association
Law Offices of Michael E. Klass, P.C.
2002 – Present
Effectively contribute to the growth of the firm by applying legal knowledge and writing skills in the areas of Family Law and Personal Injury. Generated over a half-million dollars in revenue through settled cases. Primary focus includes preparing, proofing, and editing legal documents, reviewing complex information, as well as legal strategizing and trial preparation. Generate additional revenue through referring new clients to the firm.
· Compose legal correspondences to clients and adversaries. Draft, edit, and proof complaints, contracts, agreements, and motions for civil and criminal litigation. Create settlement brochures that encourage expedient resolution of personal injury cases.
· Research and gather accurate information by meticulously interviewing clients and witnesses, as well as obtaining decision and citations record from similarly settled suits. Assess factual events surrounding case to appropriately determine case direction. Carefully investigate lawsuits to identify physical, emotional, and economical damages.
Feinberg & Pierre, L.L.C.
1998 – 2001
Assisted firm Partners by conducting factual and legal research, as well as investigating matters for client cases files. Helped to successfully resolve ten complex cases. Oversaw a caseload of 100 litigation suits on a monthly basis, consisting of managing various aspects of case files. Responsible for document preparation, client inquiry, and case investigation from case inception to trial. Assisted with pre-trial discovery, as well as drafted interrogatories and motions to dismiss.
· For the Litigation Practice Group, drafted, reviewed, and edited complaints, motions, agreements, answers, and discovery requests for civil litigation. Researched and performed cite checks utilizing the Internet. Used detailed-oriented skills to prepare and organize documents for trial. Solely responsible for developing opening statements and closing arguments, which contributed to winning trial cases.
· For the Corporate & Entertainment Practice Groups, assisted clients through various stages of corporate development. Drafted, edited, and reviewed articles of incorporation, operating agreements, business plans, and company contracts to ensure the sound structure and integrity of clients’ business idea. Developed correspondences that assisted high-tech Internet and emerging companies with securing venture capital during the early stages of financing. Assisted with securing over a quarter-million dollars in capital funds for clients.
Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Morris L. Boisenberry
1997 – 1998
Served as liaison between Judge Boisenberry and court officials. Primary responsibility was to brief Judge Boisenberry on details of case matters. Handled over 14 cases daily and maintained a thorough eye for information and excellent communication skills in providing proficient legal assistance.
· Requested to provide legal understanding, analysis, and professional judgment, by the Honorable Morris Boisenberry, on various cases and hearings.
· Performed legal research and conducted cite checks for Felony I crimes.
· Drafted bench memoranda, memorandum dispositions and orders for Felony I calendar.
· Attended Felony I trials, status hearings, dispositions and sentence hearings.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science