604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Materials Management professional with extensive experience in applying innovative, state-of-the-art concepts to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Articulate and results-oriented in leading diverse multi-functional project teams, and in enhancing performance and profits. Core Strengths:
• Materials / Inventory Control • Production Project Management
• Cost Containment & Reduction • Staff Development & Leadership
• Vendor Consolidation • Vendor & Client Relations
• Conflict Resolution • Procurement
• Supplier Sourcing & Analysis • Contracts & Pricing
• Warehousing • Competitive Bidding & Trade
IMAGE CORPORATION, St. Paul, MN
1999 - Present
Provider of high-tech, diversified communications and document services to financial, legal and corporate clients.
Production Specialist / Purchaser / Materials Management
• Negotiate with vendors on print job pricing. Manage jobs, from creating purchasing orders, to proofing, shipping and billing.
• Manage 8 internal accounts, ensuring quality and efficiency of business cards, stationery and envelope print jobs.
• Handle a 300-item inventory for future fulfillment, for clients such as McDonalds, Avis and Cendant Corporation.
• Collaborate with Print Shop on new account setup/processing/inventory. Work closely with Estimating, Pre-Press, Production, Typesetting, Creative and Marketing departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Serve as Point-of-Contact for selected accounts, participating in product marketing, promotion and production.
• Led the installation of a final check point that decreased the reprint ratio from 2% to less than .5% in 1 month.
• Trained customer service, purchasing and fulfillment staff for Image's Boston Division - up and running in 1 month.
BARRETT BUSINESS PRODUCTS, St. Paul, MN
1989 - 1999
Provider of business solutions, ranging from furniture, to high-tech communications systems.
Office Furniture Buyer / Used Furniture Warehouse Supervisor
1996 - 1999
• Purchased new and used furniture for resale to business and government offices.
• Controlled inventory for 100+ new furniture items and 300+ used furniture items.
• Revitalized Barrett's Used Furniture area, involving purchasing, restoration, merchandising display and resale.
• Increased Used Furniture revenue from $2000/month in 1996 to $40,000/month in 1999.
Inside Sales Consultant
1991 - 1996
• Managed inventory purchasing/control of office supplies, including trade show attendance/buying.
• Served as liaison with customers, as well as sales, marketing, vendors, warehousing, accounting and service departments.
• Consulted with walk-in customers to ascertain and meet their buying needs; managed operations as needed.
• Recognized for meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
1989 - 1991
• Received, stocked, filled and shipped customer orders.
• Promoted to Sales role based on thorough knowledge of up to 4,000 pieces in office supply inventory.
OTHER CAREER SUCCESSES
• Nominated for Barrett C.A.R.E. Award ten times; attained it five times. Award is given for exceptional performance in customer service, teamwork, ideas, self-development and quality/continuous improvement process.
• Balanced part-time sales job with Cellular 2000, while working at Barrett and Image full time (1997 - 2001).
• Gained experience with large, extensive inventory working at Home Depot, 1988 - 1989, right out of high school.
• Participated in ISO 9001 Certification Process
• Total Quality Network Program Training
• Technology Proficiency: PC and AS/400s, MS Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel), Lotus Notes, Publisher, Internet savvy.
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - 1812 Red Fox Road - St. Cloud, MN 56301 - email@example.com - (320) 253-0975 - (320) 253-1790 fax