Public Relations Director Automotive Service
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Marketing, communications and public relations professional with 10 years of experience. Currently promoting a billion-dollar subsidiary of a major Fortune 500 company. Primary emphasis on extending the advertising budget through the development of strategies for increased visibility, and establishing name recognition in partnership with other prominent corporations and organizations. Highly successful experience securing and developing infomediaries as company spokespersons, as well as providing expert opinion resources for reporters. Earned top recognition and awards for community activities, marketing campaigns, media campaigns, media relations, internal publications, and advertisements. Additional experience over 5 years as a news director, media consultant, writer, and reporter provides the added benefit of understanding the media and knowing how to build a company's image through the creation of newsworthy stories.
Quaker Penn Oil, Houston, Texas
1992 - Present
Public Relations Director
• Currently working in conjunction with the founder of Toy Tips to produce and distribute an exclusive magazine to over 3 million travelers that will promote family fun and safety. Partnerships include Universal Studios, Pepsi, Hyatt's Vacation Stations, JC Penney and Curad, with several others pending.
• Pitched the company spokesperson and car care expert successfully to local and national television and radio shows, and magazines in seven of the top 25 media markets. Recent media tour incurred a 3% investment with a return of close to $.5 million in publicity value.
• Distributed new car safety tips to millions of prospective buyers in 1999 through a partnership with the National Highway Transportation Safety Association. All costs for printing and press kit development were underwritten by the government.
• Established Quaker Penn Oil as a partner in America,s Promise, focusing on automotive safety.
• Received the American Marketing Association,s Crystal Award for the 1998 Buckle Up America initiative, in partnership with Fisher-Price, Department of Transportation and National Highway Transportation Safety Association that influenced six million people regarding safe car seat installation.
• Reached more than eight million people with a grassroots distribution of air bag safety guidelines in 1997 for the Kids in the Back, Everyone Buckled campaign in conjunction with the Department of Transportation and National Highway Transportation Safety Association.
McDermott International, New Orleans, Louisiana
1989 - 1992
Public Relations Manager
KBJ-TV, Morgan City, Louisiana
1986 - 1989
Assistant News Director
Louisiana House of Representatives, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1983 - 1988
Morgan City Archives, Morgan City, Louisiana
1983 - 1986
The Daily Review, Morgan City, Louisiana
1981 - 1983
UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, Marketing/Communications
Member of the Lambda Pi Eta National Communications Honor Society
Public Relations Society of America
American Marketing Association, Public Relations Committee
International Association of Business Communicators
The White House Project, Publicity Committee
The Houston Press Club
Women's Advisory Board, National Car Care Council, Consumer Issues Committee
Convenient Automotive Services Institute, Consumer Awareness Committee, Oil Change Interval Subcommittee
Automotive Parts and Accessories Association, Consumer Awareness Committee
Climate Neutral Committee
Children's Organ Transplant Association Advisory Board
American Heart Association, Houston Chapter, Publicity Committee, Chairman of the Broadcast Subcommittee
Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Office 97 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Corporate News (media delivery), Photoshop, PageMaker, and Adobe Illustrator. Pioneered computer process for the media through corporate news.com, as well as PR Track.