604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
TRADE & COMMERCE
Associate Member, CPA Australia • Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK
Member of the Australian Society of Accountants
4-years experience with CPA practices and a prominent hospitality chain has refined and enhanced business degree since graduation. Acknowledged by clients, peers, and management for willingness to consider all options, strike appropriate solutions, and use education as a tool for optimum performance and client retention. Strong attention to detail, an unswerving commitment to service excellence, and an intense personal interest in helping business and clients to flourish underscores professional performance to date.
Professional strengths include:
Ÿ Management Accounting
Ÿ Financial Reporting
Ÿ BAS/IAS/FBT Preparation
Ÿ Trustees and Trusts
Ÿ Environmental Accounting
Ÿ Client Relationship Management
Ÿ Fringe Benefits Tax
Ÿ General Ledger Maintenance
Ÿ Accounts Receivable/Payable
Ÿ Superannuation Investing
Ÿ Process Simplification
Ÿ Taxation Compliance
Ÿ Small Business Advisor
Ÿ Financial Advice/Counseling
Ÿ Stock Market Analysis
Ÿ Computerized Accounting
Technology summary: MYOB, Solution Six, Quicken, ACCPAC, Arrow, MS Word, Bank Link, Cash Flow Manager, Cash Manager, Tax Point, Quattro Pro, Outlook, Excel
TIS PARTNERS, CPA Accountants, Reservoir
Provided sound strategic advice to business clients needing to optimize internal financial controls, and also prepared and presented a full gamut of financial reports, reconciliations, budgets, and taxation returns from general ledgers and month-end closures, through cash flow statements, profit and loss reports, bank reconciliations, and BAS/IAS/FBT and annual taxation returns.
Aligned with the practice’s focus on service delivery excellence, by mastering the art of “customer connection”; offered education on accounts computerization, knowledgeable advice on internal processes and risks associated with flawed procedures, and produced financial reports and documentation that reflected a high degree of precision and transparency.
Praised universally throughout tenure by clients, management, and staff for capacity to complete assigned projects accurately, and on time.
· Demonstrated team spirit by sharing insights, independent research, and knowledge with colleagues in need of assistance with calculations, methodology, spreadsheet automation and more.
· Encouraged clients to adopt computerized accounting systems in favor of flawed manual processing that exposed them to the risk of financial penalty due to compromised recording of data. Introduced clients to the efficiency and accuracy of computerized programs and shared expertise in the installation, configuration and maintenance of software. Financial data for those clients has shown a distinct elevation in quality and consistency after training.
· Educated clients on taxation office penalties surrounding late lodgment of BAS/IAS/FBT and erroneous employee deductions. Volume of penalties paid reduced dramatically with clients grateful for the advice.
FASTA PASTA RESTAURANTS PTY LTD, Melbourne Head Office
Maintained the general ledger, produced budgets, and prepared profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements for 15 stores Australia-wide.
Assumed a broad range of responsibilities, surpassing expectations for the type of work usually produced by short-term contract employees.
Conducted month-end transactions, reconciled bank statements, credit card statements, and daily sales. Controlled the asset register, calculated and lodged monthly BAS, IAS, and FBT statements, and produced recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries.
· Quickly recognized as a problem solver and trouble-shooter; first point of contact for staff struggling with accounts receivable and accounts payable issues, and in identifying errors.
· Developed and implemented new spreadsheets and formulas that reduced time intensive reconciliation work for sales and credit cards from one-day to just a few hours.
· Exploited the advanced features of ACCPAC software, winning agreement with the financial controller to explore opportunities for greater internal efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Commended for the on-time completion of end-of-month financials and BAS/IAS and FBT lodgments against high volume workloads and pressure.
Managed financial bookwork including all bank reconciliations, cash flow statements, and projected budgets. Produced quarterly BAS statements that complied with taxation legislation.
Provided financial counsel to business owner, citing the financial and market advantages of expanding product distribution into general retail outlets. Owner embraced idea and entered into negotiations with Coles Myer and a product manufacturer in Germany. Assigned by owner to cost project, and evaluate prices and discounts to forecast potential profit outcomes.
NEIL W. CURWOOD PTY LTD, Chartered Accountants, Melbourne
Worked in close collaboration with clients, providing accounting and taxation advice, preparing annual income tax returns, and coaching in GST compliance issues.
Progressively entrusted to prepare complex financial statements, and interim/annual reports for manufacturing, retail, service, and investment businesses; prepared audits for superannuation funds, wages, debtors, and stock. Researched changes in accounting standards and tax issues and worked in close collaboration with decision-makers from banking, tax office, and statutory bodies on behalf of clients.
Gained reputation for willingness to “go the extra mile” working through busy periods and rostered days off.
· Saved client from potentially costly ATO audit, by uncovering and resolving previously unidentified error in GST data when preparing year-end financial statement.
· Located incorrect data on client’s previous year’s taxation return that mistakenly claimed a non-deductible motor vehicle loan repayment. Prepared amended tax return for the previous year, overcoming any future issues with the ATO.
· Won client praise for research on the [then] new GST legislation; identified opportunities for clients to claim immediate 100% tax deduction for GST-related expenditures on new plant and software ordered between 1/7/1999 and 30/6/2000.
· Received letters of appreciation by two clients citing professionalism, timeliness, and accuracy in completing tax returns.
· Immediately identified problem with software installation that had eluded officer manager and staff, and caused system to become inoperable. Quickly reversed problem, and updated the system winning appreciation from the office manager for time and money saved.
DON PEIRIS WEERASINGHE LTD, Sri Lanka
Prepared bank reconciliations, cash flow statements, taxation returns, and salary sheets; conducted end-of-year stocktake, and handled daily banking. Relieved at customer service and cashier areas in absence of regular staff.
EDUCATION | CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
RMIT University (2002)
Diploma in Business
Perth Institute of Business & Technology (1998)
Committed to ongoing professional development via workshops, formal short courses,
on the job training and information sessions. Highlights include: Accountants Workshop Certificate ~ Managing Tax and Compliance Issues using MYOB files.
Gayle M. Howard -firstname.lastname@example.org - Top Margin - http://www.topmargin.com