604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
COORDINATION ▪ MANAGEMENT
Specializing in program leadership within the health care arena
Innovative professional presenting excellent ability to establish and maintain rapport with clientele based on superb interpersonal and communication skills. Provided management to facilitated learning environments utilizing well-planned and relevant curriculum servicing a wide range of age groups. Strong analytical, research, and project management skills combined with expertise in planning community outreach programs. Extensive focus on train-the-trainer development, seminar/workshop design, and creation of educational materials relating to health and lifestyles field.
Strong written and verbal communication in English and French
· Provided professional development and training for educators, supervisors and coordinators in Health and Lifestyles Field while directing civilian, military and volunteer personnel.
· An evaluated, developed and reviewed national and local Health program based on regional community needs assessments.
· Researched, designed and conducted experiments, reviewed scientific articles, prepared and presented scientific manuscripts in Exercise Sciences (Published), and summation reports.
· Possesses superior computer skills including MS Office Suite products, Statistical analysis programs, specialized research spreadsheet applications, and the Internet.
· Led the life cycle planning of a variety of large-scale and small-scale projects, facilitating all HR, budget allocation, publicity, delivery, and assessment functions.
· Directed, coordinated, designed, interpreted, and delivered individual and group sport, physical fitness, injury prevention, rehabilitation, nutrition and wellness programs, and fitness testing, and provided counseling for high performance athletes, occupational specific requirements, diseased patients and general population.
Master of Science, Exercise and Health Sciences, York University, 2001
Specialized Honors Bachelors of Science, Physical and Health Education, York University, 1999
Health Promotion Manager,
2002 – present
Canadian Forces Support Unit
· National program working group committee member, contributing author and reviewer of programs for Health Promotion – Strengthening the Forces Program Development.
· Facilitate Health Promotion Base committee meetings.
· Develop and deliver Health Promotion Programs for Canadian Forces, their families and DND employees, and assist units in carrying out programs, and act as a resource person for all Base health promotion activities and needs.
· Coordinate Health programs through partnerships with various health service providers.
· Conduct Community needs assessments, evaluate program activities, analyze and maintain statistical data, and provide interpretive and summation reports.
· Develop and maintain public relations with local key stakeholders, including the CFMAP, EAP, DGHS, MFRC and unit level representations.
· Designed and maintain Health promotion web page.
2001 – 2002
Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Tell Fitness and Aquatic Community Center, ON
· Administered, managed and directed Personnel support Program Policies and directives pertaining to physical fitness, sport and lifestyle requirements for 20000 + /annum Canadian Forces Personnel.
· Coordinated, designed, evaluated, monitored and delivered all DND physical and health education programs.
· Developed and delivered theory curriculum for Military leadership pertaining to Physical and Health Education.
· Provided comprehensive coaching, return to work therapy, lifestyle counseling to a variety of individuals for a wide range of abilities.
· In conjunction with Base Medical Services organized and implemented fitness, health, nutrition and wellness programs, promoted ongoing participation of a variety of activities focusing on long term participation, injury prevention and positive lifestyle habits, and information/skill development sessions.
· Developed and maintained bilingual public relations for 13 academies / units (Training and Support).
· Prepared and managed yearly budget
· Hired, supervised, performed evaluations and provided professional development for a team of 12 full time Physical and Health Educators and 2 Supervisors.
· Developed and delivered employee recruiting programs and presentations, conducted interviews and hiring process.
· Conducted statistical review and assessment of all program components and human resources requirements.
Bilingual Health Care CSR. (evenings)
1997 – 1999
Gamma Biomedical, Toronto, ON
· Serviced Health Care customers for IVAC Medical Systems and Physio Control Medical equipment.
· Processed orders, credits and claims for lost and damaged goods.
· Provided sales representative support: quotes, pricing and customer specifics.
· Demonstrated IVAC instruments and ACLS units for Physio Control, and inventory management.
Health Promotion Director - Cooper Institute, Texas ▪ Managing your People at work (40hrs) – ORFA ▪ Professional Fitness and Lifestyle Consultant – Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology ▪ Rehabilitative Exercise Therapy Level 1 – RMJ ▪ Environmental Protection Officer Certificate ▪ Safety Compliance Certificate ▪ Human & Labor Relations Management Certificate – Seneca College Management Certificate ▪ Suicide Intervention skills Workshop ▪ Weight Wellness, Stress Management and Butt Out Facilitator – DND Health Promotion Programs ▪ NCCP level 3 Theory, Level 4 - Nutrition, Level 3 Distance Running, Level 1 soccer, waterpolo, swimming.