VP Sales and Marketing Technology
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior executive growing a company from start-up over the past 5 years in the business-to-business e-Commerce arena. Proven record of accomplishment piloting and driving several businesses into new marketplaces. Strong business acumen with experience creating sales and marketing plans, budgeting, forecasting and establishing goals, identifying and securing alliance partnerships, identifying markets, managing the sales cycle, and overseeing the development of hard copy and electronic marketing materials, as well as maintaining hands-on responsibility for securing and managing sales accounts.
GEO CONSULTANTS, Houston, Texas
1995 - Present
Vice President of Sales and Marketing / Chief Operating Officer / Board of Directors Member
Pilot a new venture and manage both sales and operations for this leading global web technology software and services company focused on building client-specific, web-based solutions and electronic marketplaces to centralize and efficiently manage, track, redeploy, and dispose of equipment assets. Supervise sales representatives, contract personnel, and administrative support personnel. Maintain hands-on responsibility for cold calling to initiate and develop new business, and grow accounts. Target the energy industry primarily, and implement marketing strategies to expand the business into other markets such as chemical, pulp and paper products, recycled metals, and construction industries. Call on chief operating officers, chief financial officers, chief information officers, and operations managers. Contracts range from $200,000 to $600,000.
• Grew the business from ground zero into a company that earned high accolades for providing the largest web-based application for the energy industry that provides an enterprise-wide, asset management platform.
• Achieved 183% of plan in 1999 for annual sales.
• Secured accounts with Chevron and Texaco.
• Partnered with Sun Microsystems to deliver a program that will provide a procurement platform for an industrial park of 55 refineries and chemical plants on Jurong Island in Singapore.
• Created a partnership with Benton Supply to develop a total outsource solution for surplus equipment asset management for Sunoco that is currently in its start-up phase (April 2000).
• Received special vendor recognition from Chevron for the successful implementation of their project (met all implementation, time, and performance goals).
• Co-authored a complete business plan for the company and a prospectus for potential investors.
• Selected to speak at the GEONETIX '99 Conference (October 1999), sponsored by PennWell and Oil and Gas Journal, on Web-based Commerce in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Asked to speak at the March 2000 Energy Commerce Symposium on Asset Usage: A Critical Supply Chain Opportunity.
TEXAS RECYCLING, INC, Houston, Texas
1990 - 1995
Spearheaded and grew a new company from ground zero through the management of sales and marketing, manufacturing, and administrative activities to be one of the largest recyclers of office products in the South, achieving $1 million in annual sales. Interacted with business owners, general managers, purchasing agents, and warehouse managers, representing the energy industry and law firms throughout the Houston Metropolitan area, as well as international companies. Supervised managers with up to 25 employees.
• Negotiated the recycling contract for the State of Texas, and secured accounts with the world's largest oil and gas companies and one of the country''s top law firms.
• Initiated and implemented an automated tracking system for the manufacturing process that improved overall efficiency and reduced costs by more than 20%.
• Presented a speech on the recycling of office products at the Recycling Conference in 1994 sponsored by Kern County.
Wordsmith Communications, Houston, Texas
1987 - 1990
Spearheaded and managed a dealer network for this office systems company, with hands-on responsibility for sales and marketing.
• Secured one of the highest producing accounts, a project for the largest nonprofit hospital in the country.
• Achieved 123% of sales plan for this new division within just two years.
CANNON CORPORATION, Houston, Texas
1980 - 1987
Sales Planning Manager
Recruited, hired and trained sales representatives for the Houston operation, with responsibility for local strategic planning and new product development.
• Managed prominent sales teams at several levels.
• Recognized as one of the youngest sales managers for the time.
• Awarded Top Sales Manager out of ten managers in the Houston area.
• Received two President's Club Awards by ranking in the top 10% of the company nationwide for annual sales.
• Earned Par Club for seven consecutive years for exceeding plan.
• Hired originally as a sales representative for two years.
• Earned five promotions throughout tenure and received recognition for high performance in all positions.
LAMAR UNIVERSITY, Beaumont, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Certified Trainer for SPIN Sales Training with Xerox
Attended several Xerox Sales Management Schools
HOUSTON CHAPTER OF THE COASTAL CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION (1990 to 1997)
• Board of Directors (7 years)
• President (2 years) and Vice President (1 year)
• Chosen as Man of the Year in 1994 for contributions to the chapter
• Co-Chaired the 20th Anniversary Banquet
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.theresumedoctor.com