Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior Level Executive with 16 years experience in managing the human resources and organizational development of large corporations and start-ups. Expert in facilitating groups through complex problem-solving to action and improvement. Areas of expertise include:
• Organization Needs Assessment/Analysis • Strategic and Tactical Planning
• HRIS Technology • Human Resource Systems Alignment
• Culture Change • Training/Development
• Executive Coaching • Self-Directed Work Teams
• Managing Performance • Project Management
• Business and Account Development • Compensation/Benefits
Baker and Baker, Inc., Boston, MA
2000 - Present
Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness
Newly developed position designed to assist in restructuring and improving the operational effectiveness of a start-up online facilitator of solutions connecting physicians' offices/hospitals with managed care providers. Serve on Executive Committee reporting directly to the CEO.
• Established and implemented comprehensive policy development, organizational structure, operating systems, and human resource functions with HR systems and processes.
• Developed short- and long-term operational strategies designed to bring cohesiveness to internal and external processes. Performed overall needs-analysis and assessment to position the company for continued growth and market expansion. Implemented action plans to strengthen business practices.
• Coached and mentored executives and managers. Brainstormed and consulted to troubleshoot operations and improve efficiencies. Prepared and conducted bi-weekly operation team meetings to address needs and ensure consistency of quality performance on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for reducing recruiter and subcontractor costs by 15 to 30%.
• Brought health-care benefits in-house, realizing cost savings of $200 to $250,000 first year, along with supporting HRIS system.
• Established HR function which included employee handbook, job descriptions to support quality recruitment efforts, job requisition forms, new employee orientation, exit interview procedures, internal job posting policies.
• Developed and implemented performance management and compensation systems to drive organizational focus and performance.
• Developed and administered employee and customer satisfaction surveys with action plans. By incorporating employee suggestions, maintained a low turnover rate of 17%.
Octagon, Inc., Tampa, FL
1999 - 2000
Vice President, Training and Development
• Provided employee training and communication activities through learning programs.
• Developed and implemented new strategic communication tool used to facilitate productivity and quality, and improve companies' bottom-line performance. Marketed products and services to companies through conferences, trade shows, mailings, and other forums.
Reed and Associates, Pittsburgh, PA
1986 - 1999
VP/Practice Leader - Change Management Practice (1991-1999)
Manager, Start-Up Services (1988-1991)
Senior Account Executive (1986-1988)
• Provided integrated solutions with change management services, learning and development systems, and selection and assessment services for an international human resource consulting firm with 800 employees.
• Promoted to VP/Practice Leader to create a Change Management Practice business unit. Provided leadership to complex project teams. Secured consulting revenue ranging from $5 to $12 million annually within four years from initial introduction.
• Promoted to Manager, Start-Up Services to create new facility start-up practice. Oversaw marketing, business development, and delivery teams. Within two years, realized $5 million in sales and 80 new start-up projects.
• Acquired largest account in the company's history. Worked with top executive team to assess needs and provide customized services. Led project team in design and implementation of three-day training programs for dealers and one-day programs for dealers and staff.
• Received President's Award for recognition of the effective development and roll-out of start-up practice. Awarded company's VIP Award four times for meeting and exceeding quotas, goals, and objectives.
• Provided pioneering training and OD processes to link human resources to operations, facilitating productivity, quality, and service gains.
• Introduced assessment, training, and development programs for start-up organizations.
• Guided executives, managers, and union workers in identifying organizational needs and performed specific OD interventions as part of reengineering and process improvement plans.
• Established training/performance improvement measurements to strengthen OD process. Conducted training sessions for sales representatives to increase product/service knowledge.
• Instituted a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
"Organizational Change - How To Merge Business and Culture For Best Results," Press, 1998
"Training - The Opportunities and Pitfalls," The Executive, August 1994
"Quality Training," Proper Training Magazine, February 1993
"How to Keep Top-Notch Employees," Employees and You, December 1990
Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
B.S., Business Administration
PRWRA Kathy Hadley - Kathryn Hadley & Associates - E-mail: email@example.com