Vice President of Finance Technology
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accomplished senior management professional with over 15 years of financial and project leadership experience in traditional and high-tech sectors. Increased operating cash flow by more than $50 million.
· Strong executive leadership background in controlling, operations and organizational change for public/private firms in numerous sectors. Built and led cross-functional teams.
· Proven financial management skills include reporting, processes, controls, investor relations, cost reduction, IT utilization, successful IPO efforts, SEC compliance and documentation.
· Additional expertise in project management. Experienced planning and directing complex
initiatives. Managed multi-million dollar project budgets to on-time, on-budget conclusion.
· As CFO/VP, increased employee retention and morale, while maintaining national market listing, via stock tender offer and reverse stock split. Substantially reduced cash burn with 50% headcount reduction, while performing M&A due diligence and strategic planning (2002-present).
XX Technology Corporation, City Name, NJ (Nasdaq: XX)
Firm designs, develops and markets advanced integrated circuits and modules for next-generation core, metro-access and enterprise optical networking systems. Int’l offices in Israel, Canada, UK, Italy and China.
Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Finance (2002-present). Report to CEO.
Plan and direct all accounting, finance, investor relations, corporate IT and human resources.
· Manage and develop staff of 21, with six direct reports. Conduct all earnings calls. Lead communications with investors and analysts. Direct audit committee meetings and handle all financial presentations to outside BOD. Oversee annual shareholder meeting, proxy and annual report.
· Cut expenses $35 million by directing successful restructuring, including company wide headcount reduction, domestic and international facility closures and contract renegotiations.
· Increased decision-making speed and accuracy by setting up bi-weekly “business roundtable” among top leaders nationwide and in Europe. Achieved new focus on critical success factors.
· Bolstered employee loyalty and retention by leading stock tender offer/option re-pricing.
· Senior member of M&A team performing due diligence and evaluating financial models. Play key role in cooperation with top management on potential acquisitions and mergers.
Controller and Treasurer (2000-2002). Served on top management team. Reported to SVP and CFO.
· Managed and developed staff of 13, with eight direct reports. Built world-class international accounting team able to efficiently handle significant business scaling. Helped raise $77 million in June 2001 IPO.
· Controller responsibilities included all accounting, internal and SEC reporting, credit, collections, payroll, international taxes, Oracle financials, risk management, D&O insurance, transfer agent and stock option administration. Treasury included cash management, financing and foreign exchange.
· Installed Oracle financials, implemented internal controls and instituted four-day close. As a result, saved 11 days over prior closing process, for improved decision making and accuracy.
· Significantly increased efficiency and saved transactions fees by implementing Web-based banking and FX system. Maximized investment performance by drafting investment policy and executing strategy.
· Expanded market penetration by opening and administering sales offices in China, UK, Italy and Canada. Also implemented transfer pricing agreements for foreign entities.
· Improved HR efficiency by setting up online stock option, retirement planning and trading system.
ABC Elevator Corporation (ABC), Jonestown, RI
Firm is $XX-million+ subsidiary of XXXX, a publicly traded company focused on manufacturing and installing transportation systems and providing maintenance and parts services.
Project Manager, Customer Financial Services (1998-2000). Reported to CFO and top executive team.
Planned and led high-visibility re-engineering project (18-24 months), charged with maximizing revenue cycle to improve cash flows and working capital metrics across all product lines.
· Project scope included sales process, contract administration, customer service, credit, invoicing, collections, cash application and bad debt.
· In first year, increased operating cash flow more than $50 million, with no borrowing for five months and 20% reduction in receivables exceeding 90 days past due. Also achieved 30% reduction in two of three product line DSOs. Upon departure in 2000, results continued to exceed plan.
· Hand picked as one of four to deliver national leadership programs to high-potential managers.
Corporate Controller/Manager, Accounting and Reporting (1995-1998). Reported to CFO, with responsibility for up to $1 billion in revenue across America.
· Planned and managed all internal and external reporting, month end closing, budgeting, corporate analysis, capital budgeting, accounts payable, expense processing, SAP R3 systems and administration.
· Played key role in implementing SAP R3 CO application in Headquarters and across 50+ offices in North America, successfully integrating with legacy systems (still in use in 2003).
· Developed innovative reporting package, later rolled out to five additional Schindler companies.
· Improved management reporting by reducing financial close to five business days (nearly 90% faster).
AAA America, Philadelphia, PA
AAA America is subsidiary of XXX, leading international supplier of client/server application software.
Corporate Controller (1994-1995). Controlled approximately $600 million in revenue and financial operations of Americas group, with five US regions, and reporting zones in Canada, Mexico and Australia.
· Directed two Senior Financial Analysts and one Tax Manager, with dotted line responsibility for seven Controllers. Helped manage financial decentralization to new structure, including hiring and training.
· Led national sales and use tax compliance project. Developed executive level reporting, highly praised by top management. Chosen for high-visibility team to migrate financial systems from AAA 2.0 to 3.0.
FFF, Inc., Bristol, PA
US operations of Swiss maker and marketer of capital equipment for newspapers and commercial printers.
Controller and Treasurer (1989-1994). Senior Financial Officer, reporting directly to CEO/President.
Managed nearly $60 million in N. American revenue. Oversaw all financial, tax and purchasing operations. As Treasurer, directed risk management, cash and investment portfolio management.
· Saved more than $500,000 in annual state taxes with new corporate structure. Also produced 30% manufacturing cost savings as project leader for outsourcing of machining and assembly operation.
Prior experience at PricewaterhouseCoopers as Senior Auditor (1986-1989). Also served at Pullman-Peabody Co. (1984-1986) as Chief Accountant.
· Leadership Development Program: Center for Management, Columbus, OH (2001).
· Executive Education, Working Capital Management: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1999).
· Certified Public Accountant - CPA: State of New York (1989).
· BA: Accounting and Economics, University of Delaware, Dover, DE (1984).
· Software skills: SAP R3 (FI, CO, COPA), Oracle Financials, Concur-XMS, GET PAID.
· Language skills: Functionally fluent in German (reading and speak) after 10-year residency.