Public Relations Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Creative and versatile leader who manages multiple tasks and works well under pressure. Special skills in persuasive public speaking, creating and orchestrating PR campaigns, developing fundraising relationships and creating and executing special events.
Lamar Alexander, Governor of TN
Bill Workman, Mayor of Greenville, SC
George W. Bush, President
Jack Kemp, presidential candidate
Jeb Bush, Governor of FL
Harry Lee Coe, State Attorney in Tampa, FL
Leland Baldwin, judicial candidate in Tampa, FL
Dick Greco, Mayor of Tampa, FL
Strom Thurmond, Senator from SC
OUTBACK BOWL, Tampa, FL
1998 - 2002
Special Events and Hospitality
Bowl had just been bought by Outback, and had to compete for teams to play in the annual event. Also must create social events schedule for competing teams and fans.
• Coordinate and host social activities, media events and team functions from December 26 until New Year's Day, including Ladies Luncheons and Tours; team, media and alumni lunches; President's reception; and pep rally.
• Work with 12-15 volunteers to execute this one-day event.
• Created and decorated venue for the contract signing party for coaches, presidents and alumni.
J'AIME LA JARDIN, French Specialty Store, Tampa, FL
1995 - 1997
Store had lackluster sales, was very unorganized and had developed poor relationships with creditors.
• Achieved profitability through redecoration of the store to emphasize specialty products, reorganized and systematized store operating processes, and smoothed over past due bills by contacting creditors and arranging payments.
POLO/RALPH LAUREN, Tampa, FL
1990 - 1993
Sales and Marketing Manager
Build relationships with previous customers and secure incremental sales.
• Earned highest sales in the company due to diligent development of personal client relationships through targeting walk-ins and following up with intensive phone sales techniques.
THE FLORIDA CLASSIC, Tampa, FL
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Previous bowls had inflamed relationships between competing universities, game officials, the media and Tampa governmental officials.
• Delivered highest ticket sales, most profit and most successful Bowl game ever.
• Scheduled and ran meetings with all involved officials to improve communication.
• Attended all PR/Marketing Meetings and toured local hotels to provide input and suggestions to make event a PR success.
• Solicited and sold corporations on buying corporate sponsorships and purchasing tickets.
MELROSE PLANTATION, Daufuskie Island, SC
1988 - 1989
Resort Plantation, Social Director
Take this new member-only resort and develop a social program for members that also increases visibility and desirability. Complete task with virtually no help from the staff.
• Implemented social and artistic events schedule to delight residents. Included special events such as art classes, a 4th of July parade, a guided tour of the islands and educational beach walks.
• Created, wrote and distributed a community newsletter to help promote events, answer questions and respond to requests.
• Coordinated PGA special golf event "shoot out", with 18 professional golfers.
POLO/RALPH LAUREN, Hilton Head Island, SC
1987 - 1988
Public Relations, Marketing & Sales Management
New mall store needed to build sales with minimal advertising in area that previously was not supportive of high-priced fashion stores.
• Sales grew at store due to several innovative PR efforts, such as a fashion show.
• Attended 20-25 community events to represent Ralph Lauren and get the brand name well known in the community.
SUMMERHOUSE ADVERTISING AGENCY, Hilton Head Island, SC
Agency needed to sign more clients as they were too dependent on car dealerships.
• Expanded client base beyond car dealers. Created relationships with other businesses by attending community events and networking.
FRIENDS OF THE ZOO , Greenville, SC
Director of Public Relations and Special Events
Create fundraising and events to increase contributions for the zoo. While zoo was partially state funded, it did not get enough support to meet expenses.
• Built first new exhibit at the zoo due to success of fund raisers and special events.
• Delivered presentations at community events to increase awareness in community.
ATLANTA BRAVES, Greenville, SC
1983 - 1984
Director of Marketing
Gather community support in Greenville, SC for minor league baseball in advance of any teams committing to the city. Funds also had to be raised for a new stadium.
• Sold enough tickets in a pre-sale effort to convince Ted Turner to move the Atlanta Braves AA Team to Greenville.
• Created committees within the community to promote major league baseball.
• Worked with the Chamber of Commerce, community leaders and the media to create awareness and the value to the city of having a team.
• Completed many speaking engagements to groups to gather support.
JUNIOR LEAGUE OF TAMPA, Tampa, FL
PR Director for annual Thrift Sale; Member of Public Affairs Committee
St. JOHN'S EPISCOPAL, Tampa, FL
FLORIDA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, Tampa, FL
Volunteer Coordinator and Party Planner for annual Best of Tampa Bay fundraiser
HILL SKILLS, Greenville, SC
Secure exhibitors for one of the largest and oldest (32 years) art shows in the Southeast
UNITED STATES SENATE, Washington, DC
Intern for Senator Strom Thurmond and Liaison to the Senate Judiciary Committee
THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
B.A., Political Science and International Studies/ Spanish
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
THE UNIVERSITY OF LIMA, Lima, Peru
FURMAN UNIVERSITY, Greenville, SC
THE COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON, Charleston, SC
PRWRA Gail Frank - Frankly Speaking - Tampa, FL 33626 - http://www.callfranklyspeaking.com - email@example.com - (813) 926-1353 - (813) 926-1092 fax