Collections And Credit Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Collections & Credit Manager
· With more than 16 years experience working with business and consumer accounts.
· Proven track record reducing delinquencies and bad debt, maximizing recovery, improving quality assurance, hiring better qualified candidates, improving training and staff development, increasing morale, and decreasing turnover.
· Strategic thinker who has successfully managed several startup operations and served as a turnaround expert to improve productivity.
· Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Microsoft Project, Siebel, Genesis.
Areas of Expertise:
· Recruiting and Hiring Staff
· Training and Staff Development
· Motivating through Incentives / Contests
· Scheduling Staff
· Performance Evaluations
· Determining Deposits Based on Credit
· Evaluating Out of Territory Customers
· Evaluating New Account Credit Risks
· Managing Approval Activities
· Approving All Exceptions
· Real Time Credit Scoring
· Quality Control
· Call Monitoring
· Monthly and Quarterly Forecasting
· Budgeting and Controlling Expenses
RELIANT ENERGY – Houston, Texas
2001 to 2004
Collections Manager (2003 to 2004)
Promoted to manage outbound and inbound collections for a business services center with 1.6 million accounts and $250 million in business and consumer receivables. Supervised 4 supervisors and 65 representatives. Managed relationships with two primary collection agencies, while developing a third. Reported to the vice president of credit and collections. Communicated with managers in sales and marketing, billing, legal, regulatory, and customer service call centers.
· Improved efficiency and productivity by developing and implementing a collection training program.
Credit Manager of Business Services (2001 to 2003)
Participated on a team that established business services credit and collections department to transition company in response to deregulation in Texas. Managed $85 million in receivables in business services credit and collections.
· Hired 50 to 60 employees and handled conversion of staff from Houston Lighting & Power (HL&P).
· Personally brought 15 to 20 qualified employees over from Cingular Wireless who had predictive dialer experience and higher skills levels.
· Worked with vice president of credit to write and implement credit and collection policies for business services in accordance with company’s objectives and PUC guidelines and regulations.
· Brought delinquency down from 30% to 40% to 5% when converting over from HL&P.
· Implemented a quality assurance program with voice and data monitoring scoring to recognize strengths and areas for improvement (system required supervisor to monitor 5 to 10 calls a week per representative).
CINGULAR WIRELESS – Houston, Texas
1992 to 2001
Manager of Collection Services (1997 to 2001)
Coordinated and directed all collection operations, meeting bad debt expense and recovery. Reported to the director of collection services.
· Grew area from 10 collectors to 60 to handle an increase from $20 million to $80 million in receivables and 200,000 to over 700,000 customers.
· Implemented usage of a predictive dialer system.
· Improved cash flow to collections and reduced bad debt by implementing a new collections system to monitor receivables.
· Completed every month at $1 million to $1.5 million under budget for bad debt, under 2% of all receivables.
· Lowered bad debt expense by millions of dollar by implementing a fraud detection system, which allowed monitoring of real time usage and unusual patterns in usage.
· Decreased turnover significantly.
Collection Services Supervisor (1992 to 1997)
Managed $50 million in annual collections and supervised 22 collectors responsible for canceled accounts no longer active yet prior to turnover to outside collection agencies.
· Averaged 17% for outside recovery, which was 130% of goal.
· Achieved as high as 104% of plan for collection of prior month’s billing.
· Served as system administrator for Digital’s Mosaix Predictive Dialing System.
CITICORP NATIONAL SERVICES, INC. – Houston and Dallas, Texas
1988 to 1991
Collection Supervisor – Indirect Automobile Division
Managed all collection activities from 15,000 accounts with an $85 million net balance. Supervised 8 collectors and administrative support staff.
· Hired originally as a supervisor in the Dallas office and moved to Houston when company relocated.
· Reduced average daily delinquency from 13% down to 6% in 3 months after Citicorp inherited new accounts from Citbank-Florida.
· Decreased repossession rate from 6% to less than 3%.
J.C. PENNY COMPANY, INC.
Collection Supervisor / New Accounts Manager / Authorization Supervisor
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON – Arlington, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Social Work
· Xcellence: Critical Skills in Supervision
· Bill Arnold Collections
· Focused Interviewing
· Business Ethics
· Kepner Tregoe Project Manager
· NACM Credit / Collections Professional’s Training
· Dun & Bradstreet Business Collections
· Excel / Windows / Word / Microsoft Project