Logistics Operational Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
LOGISTICS OPERATIONAL MANAGER
Highly motivated and articulate professional with expertise in the design, development and implementation of leading edge technologies, systems applications and operations. Specialize in evaluating client needs and delivering appropriate technology solutions. Skilled systems trainer and support liaison. Innovative with sharp analytical and problem solving capabilities. Aggressive at identifying and resolving inefficient procedures. Detail and process oriented. Proven expertise in leadership, product management and customer relationship building to consistently deliver productive results. Energized by new challenges. Core competencies include:
• Personnel & Logistics Management • Business Process Optimization
• Competitive Sales Negotiations • Strategic Planning & Organizing
• Architecture Conception • Helpdesk Support
• End User Training • Wireless Networks
• Vendor Sourcing & Procurement Strategies • Problem Research & Resolution
• Executive Presentations • Workload Prioritization
Networking Operating Systems: Windows NT4 Server and 2000 Server/Advanced Server.
Networking Topologies / Protocols: LAN/MAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS and DHCP.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/XP/NT4 Workstation, Windows 2000 Professional and DOS.
Hardware: PCs, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Compaq Servers and SCSI RAID.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Power Point, Symantec products and Rightfax.
Manufacturers: HP/Compaq, IBM, Toshiba, 3Com, Nortel, Netgear and Infocus.
SY Computers, Blue Bay, Ontario
1999 - Present
Built this successful company from the ground up. Client base consists of Fortune 500 companies, Ontario Provincial Police, Expertech and Blue Bay Hydro. Oversee nine professionals and conduct all interviewing, training and administrative functions. Open, understandable, and intuitive verbal and written abilities contribute daily to success in staff and client relations.
• Strategized to create a unique marketing niche, providing corporate IT extension service. Aggressive sales and marketing campaign boosted sales 100% every year of operation.
• Scrutinize customer needs to effectively design and implement small and medium networks including wireless; provide first and second line support; conduct repairs; and set up user rights in NT environments.
• Present information to CEOs and executive management teams outlining networking options, supportive research, and logistical considerations.
• Mentor and instruct professional staff, keeping them motivated, highly trained, and focused while improving job satisfaction, and delivering top-notch service to clients.
• Seamlessly project manage multiple assignments, in different locations due to clear standard operating procedures developed to maximize productivity.
DA Computers, Blue Bay, Ontario
1995 - 1999
Retained to provide managerial guidance and strategy for sales initiatives and staff direction, province-wide. Accountable for scheduling deliveries, technicians and continuously interfacing with customers.
• Built industry credibility and delivered customer confidence. Recognized as the subject matter expert and the person who knows what has to be done and how to get it done. Client base freely followed to SY Corporation.
Blue Bay County District School Board, Blue Bay, Ontario
1995 - 1999
Managed time to provide technical knowledge teaching adults computer use. Maintained appropriate balance of classroom and workshop activities, adapting to meet and modify individual needs as required.
• Delivered programming for both new users and the technology proficient.
Canadian Forces Electrical Mechanical Engineers
1980 - 1994
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
Served in the military as a mechanic with duties working on small engines and heavy equipment. Final position dealt with sourcing and procuring parts and ensuring logistical follow-through for orders and repairs.
• Balanced time to co-ordinate and complete multiple projects in numerous locations, nationally and internationally.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Loyalist College, Belleville, Ontario
MICRO COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST