Executive Director Nonprofit
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Director with 40 years experience in sales and marketing, management, administration, and leadership. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and oversee innovative marketing and promotional campaigns. Consistently successful in building consensus and driving cooperative relationships with staffs, Boards of Directors, government agencies, vendors, and business people. Capabilities include:
• Strategic & Mission Planning • Policy & Procedure Development
• Project Management • Turnaround/Expansion Strategies
• Sales & Marketing Strategies • Public Speaking & Public Relations
• Financial & Budgetary Planning • Team Building & Leadership
• Promotional Activities • Problem Analysis & Resolution
• Staff Training & Development • Proactive Management
Pinecrest Chamber of Commerce, Pinecrest, FL
1989 - Present
Senior Management Executive with full planning, operating, marketing, financial, legislative/regulatory and administrative responsibility for a growing Chamber with over 500 members. Directed five full- and part-time staff in two locations. Worked in cooperation with the Board of Directors to drive strategic planning and annual budgeting processes.
• Initiated new position with a complete reorganization to reverse previous financial decline and restore stability. Outsourced non-critical functions and implemented aggressive cost reductions. Through excellent management skills, doubled membership and restored stability.
• Developed marketing strategy of 35% dues/65% non-dues income; grew membership over 500 in 2000. Broadened volunteer base to 300+, retained and motivated them to work on various projects and programs.
• Achieved and maintained 80% member retention. Negotiated business partnerships and devised new programs/strategies to further expand market reach and drive member/revenue/profit growth.
• Negotiated with Board of Directors for in-house improvements. Developed and implemented employee policy and procedure manual; spearheaded change from manual to computer operations; and implemented a 401-K plan.
• Developed and produced marketing/promotional materials to promote benefits and services, significantly increasing inquiries and interest. Established an on-line website receiving 250,000+ hits in 2001.
• Successfully increased participation and revenue for the Arts and Crafts Festival, gaining a valuable reputation as one of the finest in the country. Brought Festival from a few thousand participants and $7,000 in net revenue to 30,000+ attendees and net revenues of $50,000 annually.
• Planned and directed several programs, including an annual fishing tournament and Classic Car Show with total annual incomes of $18,000+.
• Developed a Downtown Committee, a cooperative working group of downtown merchants; coordinated efforts for a merchant-sponsored Wine and Fruit Festival which drew revenues of $6,000 in its first year.
• Negotiated with city to start a Welcome Center located at the Spangle Docks and staffed with Chamber personnel.
• Negotiated with Board of Directors to purchase office building for potential long-term effectiveness, increased membership, and additional revenues.
• Developed Business Assistance Program with the city and county to mentor and assist new and existing businesses in their efforts to grow and add to the city/county's base.
• Represented area as member of Florida Chamber of Commerce Executives Board of Directors, 4 years.
Indoor Flea Markets, New Port Richie, FL
1987 - 1989
Owned and operated a year-round indoor flea market with over 200 booths and vendors, serving 2,000+ customers weekly. Designed, developed, and presented marketing strategies to grow business in a competitive marketplace. Sold to partner.
Maxwell Real Estate, Tarpon Springs, FL
1982 - 1987
Manning Supply Company, Pinellas Park, FL
1980 - 1982
Helix Manufacturing, Inc., Chicago, IL
1977 - 1980
Regional Sales Manager
Baker Corporation, Tampa, FL
1972 - 1977
Highland Oil Company, Knoxville, TN
1962 - 1972
University of Georgia
Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organization Management
Organization Management (6-year program)
University of Georgia, Armstrong Extension
Completed two years in Business Administration
• Florida Real Estate License, 1984 (current)
• Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organization Management Certificate, 1994
HONORS & AWARDS
• Florida Chamber of Commerce Executives Presidents' Award, 1997
• Sam Harris Award, Rotary International, 1998
PRWRA Kathy Hadley - Kathryn Hadley & Associates - E-mail: email@example.com