604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
U.S. Coast Guard
1996 - 2002
NESU, St. Louis, MO
1998 - 2002
Electrician's Mate 3rd Class
• Remained at full readiness for casualty responses to electrical failures.
• Installed and repaired wiring, fixtures, and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship and in shipyard facilities, following blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Installed conduit to bulkheads using hand tools, and threaded wires through conduit to terminals, such as connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
• Stripped insulation from wire ends and created electrical connections, using stripping pliers and soldering iron, and coupled power-supply circuits to radio, radar, sonar, and fire control equipment.
• Tested voltage, resistance, and phase angle in circuits, using voltmeters, ohmmeters, and phase rotation indicators.
• Constructed instrument panels according to specifications and technical manuals.
• Manually drafted specification drawings for inclusion in ship's electrical records.
U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Obion
1996 - 1998
• Stood deck department watches and performed variety of duties to preserve painted surfaces of ship and to maintain lines, running gear, and cargo-handling gear in safe operating condition.
• Watched from bow of ship or wing of bridge for obstructions in path of ship.
• Mopped and washed down deck, using hose, to remove oil, dirt, and debris, ensuring safe movement of staff, cargo, and equipment.
• Chipped and cleaned rust spots from deck, superstructure, and sides of ship, using hand or air chipping hammer and wire brush, and painted chipped area.
• Spliced wire rope, using marlinespike, wirecutters, and twine.
• Created architectural drawings of all shipboard systems, using graph paper and measuring devices.
• Served as Officer of the Deck, as well as backup firefighter, hosehandler, and AFFF supplier for fire fighting team.
• Maintained responsibility for operation and inventory of HazMat locker.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
U.S. Coast Guard
Basic Training, Electrician's Mate A-School - including Leadership and Management coursework, Managing Subordinates, and Accounts Payable processes.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Forklift: Heister 6000# gas-powered, Mercury 4000# gas-powered, and Yale 5000# electric-powered sit-down models
Crane: Qualified and Certified by Allied on Allied 6000# 51- foot hydraulic model
Caterpillar: Diesel Power Generation Master Mechanic
Emergency Response: Basic First Aid, CPR, OSHA, NEMA, NEC, Basic HazMat, Respirator Fit Test, Electrical Safety
• Windows OS (up to XP); MS Office Suites (up to XP); Adobe Acrobat and PhotoShop; PageMaker; Oracle DB; HTML; Basic Networking; JetForm Filler; Mainframe/CRT; Bar Code Labeling Applications; Shipping/Receiving and Inventory Control programs
Deck Hand, Regular Seaman, Able-Bodied Seaman, Mate, Team Leader, Drafting, Personnel Management and Administration
PRWRA Lea Clark - Clark & Associates - Macon, GA 31206 - email@example.com