Medical Sales Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Healthcare Professional with nine years experience in sales, marketing, and management in the medical industry. Identify and implement strategies to reduce costs, increase revenues, strengthen customer relationships, improve business processes, and drive profitable growth. Develop and increase client base by implementing targeted sales strategy. Build on technical background and product knowledge to understand customer needs and concerns and recommend solutions.
Spirit Hospitals, Tampa, FL
1996 - Present
Area Case Manager
• Market and sell acute care services to physicians and other healthcare professionals in medical office, hospital, and clinical settings. Oversee territory covering two counties, serving seven hospitals and coordinating efforts with a ten-member sales team. Serve as one of two Registered Nurses in their system.
• Plan and implement targeted sales activities to build and maintain business. Emphasize value-added services in a market dominated by well-capitalized competitors.
• Resurrect inactive accounts through consistent sales calls. Increased territory revenue three-fold within one year.
• Deliver a 50% increase in account referrals. Maintain a high conversion rate based on each individual hospital's criteria.
Health Services, Tampa, FL
1996 - 1998
• Worked with managed care providers on various projects, and analyzed their needs and provided solutions based on background and experience.
• Increased revenues through development and streamlining of operational policies and procedures.
• Initiated sales and marketing strategies to grow managed care companies' business. Interviewed and hired case managers as needed.
• Developed and implemented in-house training of staff for coordinated care management.
The Insurance Group, Tampa, FL
1995 - 1996
Clinical Review Specialist
• Marketed and sold products/services in four counties to hospitals, physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare providers. Maintained 100+ physicians in database with over 50% referring business on a continuous basis.
• Achieved top national sales ranking, #10 out of 50 in the company in 1997, along with achieving top state sales ranking, #3 out of 14 in the company in 1997.
• Presented products and services, answered technical questions. Developed and presented slide presentations customized for each prospective client.
• Established relationships with health care professionals.
Health Care Offerings of Florida, Tampa, FL
1993 - 1995
Health Services Coordinator
• Reviewed and monitored medical and hospital statements for accuracy in providing cost containment. Received Significant Achievement Award (in 1995 and 1996) for saving the company $1.6 million in Workmen's Compensation claims.
• Selected to head the Diversity Committee's team project promoting multicultural understanding and standardization of managed care policies. Served on consultant group project.
• Developed and established policies and procedures for claim payment based on medically acceptable practices. Coordinated efforts with bill payment team.
• Maintained and kept current database providing information on medical trends, acceptable/unacceptable practices, and unscheduled procedures. Worked with company adjusters, attorneys, and claims department personnel providing recommendations related to specific cases.
University of Phoenix (Distance Learning)
Completed 3½ years of Bachelors of Science degree program
Manatee Community College
Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Course of Study: Biological Sciences
Florida, Active, RN
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
Basic EKG and 12-Lead EKG Certification
Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Certification
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
• Graduate Level Nursing Courses, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Critical Care Studies, IABP
• Various continuing education courses/in-services/seminars as required to remain licensed in the state of Florida
PRWRA Kathy Hadley - Kathryn Hadley & Associates - E-mail: email@example.com