604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
NETWORK ACCESS & SECURITY
~ Growth Company Focus - Industry Open ~
Network security interest with strong training in Local and Wide Area Network troubleshooting. Wide range of successful project accomplishments and related project successes.
• Experienced - Strong academic training and experience securing, troubleshooting and supporting networks.
• Proficient - Full range of network development processes including planning, installation, monitoring, and optimization of IP and IPX based networks; training focus has been on network security projects and construction business that has direct application to building and maintaining networks.
• Capable- Resolved diverse technical issues, coordinating team installs, upgrades, and network troubleshooting.
• Tactful - Noted for turning around problems in highly time sensitive environments.
• Reliable - A talented performer in complex problem resolution. Deliver timely and accurate solutions to network and technical problems with little or no supervision.
• Expert Communicator - Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Able to clearly and concisely convey complex technical information to senior management. Able to direct others to design projects, evaluate various processes and implement solutions.
• Team Player - Work under a variety of supervisors and lead team members to successful project completions.
BASIC TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING IN:
Hardware - Experienced in the installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3600, 4000, 4500, 4700, 7200 routers, Cisco 1900, 2900, 3000, 5000, 5500, 6500, 8540 switches/hubs.
Software - Cisco IOS 10.x-12.1, Windows NT Server & Workstation 3.5/4.0, Windows 2000, HP open View Network Node Manager, Checkpoint Firewall-1 2000, Remedy, HP-UX, SCO Unix
Network Protocols - TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, SMTP, SNMP, and HSRP
Routing Protocols - BGP, EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, RIP, Static routing and Route Redistribution
LAN Technologies - Ethernet, Fast/Gigabit Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI
WAN Technologies - T1/T3, and E1 services, Frame-Relay, HDLC, PPP, ISDN PRI/BRI, DSL, x.25, ATM, DBU
Security Technologies - NAT, IP Sec, Cisco Router Based Encryption
A+ Certification - Pending
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, Raleigh, NC
DELIAS CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, Chapel Hill, NC
2000 - Present
• Pursued part-time work throughout college and paid for 100% of college expenses through summer full-time and part- time work. Completed complex, custom detailing work including: mantles, stairs, layout and design of closets.
• Proactively managed and ensured complete customer satisfaction for all custom work.
• Developed complete Cisco LAN/WAN network for the company in 2000.
PRWRA John M. O'Connor - President - CareerProResumes.com - email@example.com - 919-787-2400