604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Outstanding ability to establish and maintain clientele.
· Quickly creates good rapport with co–workers, staff, management, and clients.
· Proficient in QuickBooks Pro, Excel, Word, WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, Access and Windows.
· Excellent working knowledge of Unilink accounting software, Tax Works, depreciation and amortization software.
· Analytical, yet creative; willing to assume responsibility.
· Dedicated—can be counted on to get the job done accurately.
· Bi–lingual—fluent in reading, writing and speaking English and Spanish.
· Hands–on experience with:
· financial statements and analysis
· income taxes
· assets, liabilities and stockholders’ equity
· cost and managerial accounting
· accounting information systems
· tax accounting
· revenue and expenses
· database management
Idaho State University. Master of Business Administration Degree—Accounting. December 2003.
Idaho State University. Bachelor of Business Administration Degree—Accounting. December 2002.
BYU–Idaho. Associates Degree in Accounting. April 1998.
BYU–Idaho. Associates Degree in Business Management. April 1998.
CC Computer Services & Training. Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Photoshop, WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, FrontPage and QuickBooks Pro. 1996 to 2002.
Rigby High School. Diploma. May 1993.
Staff Accountant, Engleson & Capell, Pocatello, Idaho
1999 to Present
Prepared tax returns, financial statements, established and maintained clientele, consulted and advised clients, prepared tax planning, maintained client databases, depreciation and amortization schedules, filed quarterly payroll reports and quarterly sales tax reports. Increased revenue $20,000 within two months of being assigned non–producing accounts.
Intern, Engleson & Capell, Pocatello, Idaho
1998 to 1999
· Prepared tax returns and financial statements.
· Maintained client database using Access.
· Quickly learned new software and instructed other staff members how to use it efficiently.
Accounting Tutor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho
Tutored and assisted bi–lingual students in accounting fundamentals through intermediate accounting.
Night Auditor/Guest Services Attendant, CottonTree Inn, Rexburg, Idaho
1997 to 1998
Audited daily ledger, cash and credit card sales, made guest reservations, and provided excellent guest services.
Service Representative, Los Angeles, California
1994 to 1996
Arcadia Mission. Utilized leadership, organizational and bi–lingual communication skills.
Instructor, CC Computer Services & Training, Idaho Falls, Idaho (part-time)
2000 to Present
· Teach QuickBooks Pro and Excel to individuals and groups.
· Set up QuickBooks Pro for private and commercial businesses.
Upholsterer, K-Upholstery, Rigby, Idaho (part–time).
1988 to Present
Cost estimates, customer service, collections, and general upholstery work for the office, home, restaurant, automotive and marine industries.
MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS
· Member, Beta Alpha Psi, The National Honors Fraternity for Financial Information Professionals
· Member, Eta Lambda Chapter
· Placed Nationally in Capstone Business Modeling Simulation
· Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
· On My Honor Award and Duty to God Award