604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Position where highly effective technology management experience will add to profitability.
· Strong background in IT management combines experience as CIO and VP, Information Technology, with ability to develop and deploy IT plans that achieve strategic business goals.
· Built global infrastructure that enabled revenue growth from $200 million to over $900 million while only doubling headcount as CIO and VP at Max Development (1997-present).
· Wrote business plan that led to explosive growth and profitable corporate sale as Director of Technical Services at Reliant Integration Services (1995-1997).
· Expert in change management. Designed infrastructure in less than 90 days to integrate offices in UK, France and Germany, for first-year revenue of $110 million (1999).
· Experienced building, leading and motivating teams of up to 125 productive employees.
Chief Information Officer: Max Development, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Set information management strategy and direction for rapidly growing international construction company, with $900 million in 2000 revenue. Direct four departments.
· Manage systems development, deployment and operations. Define and implement all infrastructure. Manage all internal and outsourced projects within approved budgets.
· Successfully deployed IT infrastructure to enable expansion into Europe, rapidly becoming region’s fifth-largest firm in specialty contracting niche (world’s largest since 1998).
· Led team in defining business process and selection of ERP solution (SAP and Oracle). Led selection and setup of enterprise IDMS (integrated document management system).
· Defined e-commerce vision for online bidding and purchasing. Partnered with GAP and other industry leaders to secure 10% in estimated annual savings via group purchasing leverage.
· Developed and deployed intranet and Internet sites. Enabled access to critical job-site data (reducing travel for project managers) and intake of 30,000 job candidates (slashing HR costs).
VP, Information Technology: Max Development, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Designed and deployed global network infrastructure and five-year plan for IT.
· Saved 20% (more than $400,000) in annual long distance and frame relay services by negotiating international contract with MCI.
· Developed solution using Lotus Notes to deliver and track 25,000+ contracts annually.
· Designed and delivered business applications for offices in Chicago, New York and Paris.
Director, Information Services: Max Development, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Led design and architecture of national network infrastructure. Worked with CEO to create long-term IT vision that resulted in tremendous time/cost savings and competitive edge.
· Involved design, installation and administration of LAN/WAN systems using NT, Novell, UNIX, Cisco and TCP/IP. Also developed Y2K plan (completed within 12 months).
· Lowered cost of ownership more than 25% by standardizing desktops and laptops.
Director, Technical Services: Delta Integration Services, Los Angeles, CA
Managed five departments providing installation, configuration, on-site technical support, network management and design services for this IT consulting start-up. Reported to CEO.
· Wrote business plan that included budget, business development and training programs. Played key role in growing revenues from scratch to $22.5 million in first year.
· Built infrastructure to support clients with Clarify CRM and other systems.
· Directed support of Fortune 1000 clients, including Sony, Roche Pharmaceuticals and Tandem Computers, as well as such public clients as City of Milpitas.
· Directly recruited over 100 employees, including 60 system engineers, saving approximately $1.5 million in recruiting fees.
· Designed and set up centralized call center for customer support and dispatch of service calls.
Regional Director, Technical Service: CompUSA, San Francisco, CA
Managed all technical services in seven-state region, with $300-million P&L responsibility.
· Developed Northwest Region’s technical service operations. Responsible for budgeting and staffing for 10 service facilities. Supervised and trained technical management staff.
· Directed repair, network architecture and installations for Fortune 1000 clients. Produced highest profit margins of any region.
· Promoted from position as General Manager (1994). Directed retail, operations, technical and direct corporate sales for $30-million superstore, with up to 125 staff.
· Beat sales projection by 24% and increased gross margin by 3%.
· Promoted from position as Technical Service Manager (1993-1994). Oversaw P&L for service facility, as well as training and management of 10 technicians.
Prior experience as Technical Manager for United States Army, various locations worldwide (1982-1993). Promoted six times for outstanding efforts; served tour during Gulf War.
· Supervised 29 personnel in prototype facility. Developed and designed production inventory management database. Managed maintenance of standalone and networked equipment.
· Developed maintenance database, later implemented worldwide.
· Twice awarded as “Soldier of the Quarter.”
· English and Mathematics course work: University of Alabama; William and Mary (four years). Completed 80% of BS degree requirements while working full-time in US Navy.
· Electronics course work: basic, intermediate and advanced electronic schools, US Army (three years, including 40 hours per week of 26-week advanced program).
· Mega Group Information Technology Executive Program (1998-present).
· National Finance Management Association (1997-present).
· Society for Technology Management - STM (1998-present).