Sales Manager Aftermarket
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Highly motivated sales management professional with a strong track record of successful sales and account development. Strategic planner skilled at both short- and long-term goal setting. Strong ability to accomplish objectives by focusing on essential activities. Effective communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Key Account Relationship Management • Negotiation & Closing Techniques
• Product/Program Introduction & Coordination • Customer Relations
• Marketing Presentations • Account Management
• Strategic Planning • Interdepartmental Coordination
• Problem Prevention & Troubleshooting
NGN Direct, Miami, FL
1996 - Present
Director Aftermarket Sales/ Product Development Manager
Oversaw development of back-end, aftermarket sales of product to retail outlets, catalogues, and other electronic media.
• Played a key role in the start-up and rapid growth of division; assisted in transitioning business from concept to $2 million in sales revenue within 24 months.
• Launched an alliance with the U.S. Government, supplying products to military bases nationally and internationally, a market that was previously untouched.
• Delivered impressive sales performance; meeting and exceeding sales goals and quotas in a highly competitive marketplace.
• Handled product development and negotiations for back-end, aftermarket business; working with rep firms to source products to retail and catalogue entities around the country.
• Resurrected relations with NGN Corporate restoring relationships with buyers leading to more on-air time for testing and placement, and cross-market opportunities through referral of products suitable for their purposes.
• Managed entire sales cycle, working with inventors and vendors taking product from initial conception/interest through aftermarket retail placement. Effectively utilized presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
• Acquired extensive hands-on knowledge of all aspects of infomercial/video production from start to finish.
• Effectively managed 100+ accounts; fostered relationships with vendors and NGN buyers, serving as liaison between the two entities.
• Acquired new accounts and grew client base through attention to detail and excellent customer service; provided continual follow-up to clients to ensure future sales.
• Traveled extensively introducing NGN Direct through trade shows, referrals, and word of mouth; soliciting vendors and products for placement on air. Maintained intimate knowledge of business operations and key contacts within target companies.
• Skilled at researching and identifying problems with clients' accounts; very creative in effective problem-solving.
Grandex, Miami, FL
1989 - 1996
International Sales Associate
Manufacturer's rep working with major U.S. corporations sourcing small electronics, food, and other consumer products to buyers and distributors in Mexico, Central and South America. Companies represented included: White-Westinghouse, Singer, Magnavox, Mr. Coffee, Winn-Dixie, and Grand Prix Electronics.
• Successfully solicited and acquired Winn-Dixie to market in conjunction with a broker in Lima who was seeking an association with a major U.S. supermarket. First U.S. food company to enter this market.
• Handled multi-million dollar accounts for export to Mexico, Central and South America. Personally negotiated and developed strategic client relationships.
• Identified, structured, and negotiated international trade and import/export projects with leading U.S. corporations.
• Administered major accounts, serving as liaison between brokers/distributors and companies; leading to increased sales and revenue growth.
• Keys to success: access to key target company contacts, team building and management skill, attention to every last detail.
• Sales management executive engaged in a diversity of international trade, international business development, and marketing opportunities in a widely expanding and lucrative Latin market. Assumed full responsibility for strategic planning sales and marketing, account management, and new business development.
• Identified market opportunity and provided business solutions to major U.S. corporations desiring to forge business relationships with companies in Mexico, Central and South America.
• Directed projects from initial concept to proposal and acceptance and all the way through service provision.
• Negotiated strategic partnerships and alliances to facilitate marketing and business development.
• Developed extensive client base throughout region, interfacing extensively via teleconferencing and one-on-one meetings to ensure superior customer service; quickly resolving problems/conflicts; maintained an impressive customer satisfaction record.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tallahassee, FL
B.S., Dual Major: Business Administration & Criminal Justice
• Conversation Spanish
• Familiar with South & Central American business protocol
PRWRA Kathy Hadley - Kathryn Hadley & Associates - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org