Office Administrator School
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Office Administrator with 20 years experience in office management.
• Organization / Administration - analytical skills, detail-orientated, multi-tasking.
• Communication - customers, co-workers, managers.
• Customer Care - service to both internal and external customers.
• Problem Solving - resourceful, decisive, and persistent.
• Leadership and Initiative - take a leadership role in improving operations.
SKILL SETS AND STRENGTHS
• Agenda and Event Coordination • Editing and Proofreading
• Document Creation and Maintenance • Information Resource
• Public Relations • Relationship Building
• Research and Reporting • Mail Distribution
• Purchasing and Inventory • Equipment Maintenance
• Transportation and Security
Public School, Shoreview, MN
1986 - Present
1999 - Present
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / RECEPTIONIST
1993 - 1999
1986 - 1993
• Reported directly to principal. Opened office, and provided key administrative / clerical support for up to 55 staff and +550 students, as well as the community. Transitioned as needed between elementary, middle and intermediate school offices. Balanced the non-official duties of Receptionist with Administrative Assistant role.
• School/district liaison with parents, students, vendors, and the general public. Acted as a primary information resource for providing referrals, direction, information, and general assistance.
• Oversaw the phones: retrieved, transferred and disbursed school-wide phone messages.
• Opened and organized principal's mail; picked up, distributed and delivered incoming/outgoing school mail.
• Ordered school supplies three times per year for teachers, working with individual classroom budgets.
• Composed, edited and sent newsletters and various internal / external communications correspondence/documents.
• Designed, planned, maintained and reported on integrated school management activities: handbooks, calendars, teacher/staff directives, attendance, lunch verification, daily staff bulletins, newsletters, student performance grading/progress reporting, purchase orders, inventory counts, and mailing databases.
• Ran errands, organized physical premises, and orchestrated Open Houses and special projects/events.
• Radioed to buses, acting as parent/driver/teacher liaison. Approved all security/transportation documentation.
PRIOR: Office Assistant for a physician (now retired) in a clinical setting (3 years).
• Office Support: Reported to Superintendent's secretary. Collated/distributed various mailings.
• Classroom Paraprofessional: Coordinated activities, and tutored students in a group setting.
• Volunteer Committee: Grief counseling. Coordinate fundraising/recognition activities.
• Facility Committee. Team collaborator and decision-maker regarding new/existing buildings.
• PC: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel. Integrated applications using Skyward, UnitMaker, and PaC, Internet and e-mail savvy.
• General Office Machines: Multi-line phones, copier, fax, calculator, Risograph, P.A., 2-way radio, postage.
• Completed courses at Technical College and Business College
• Ongoing professional development training and workshops through the School District.
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - email@example.com