604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Program and Project Manager with 12 years experience in product engineering, manufacturing engineering, and quality engineering. Strength in mechanical engineering with analytical and problem solving skills. Direct cross-functional teams including design, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, and application. Oversee program management, product design, and manufacturing process development. Handle product/process development from design concept to market introduction.
- Streamlined manufacturing processes and reduced product costs by instituting improvements in product design.
- Acted as project leader for across-the-board IACV endurance study including directing design improvement team.
- Headed design and process improvement team for GEN-I IACV RTV application project including identifying design problems, improving service from suppliers, and introducing effective manufacturing processes.
- Increased annual savings by $330,000 by developing a cost-effective pattern recognition system that eliminated mixing of incoming materials.
- Introduced new welder design, which generated annual savings of $341,000.
- Coordinated new product design validation team consisting of three engineers and two technicians.
Highland Corporation, Somerville, New Jersey
2001 - Present
Direct development team for high volume transceiver products including design and manufacturing processes. Manage all aspects of project.
• Served as project leader for automated laser safety test equipment design and implementation, which resulted in a 400% increase in testing processes.
• Developed automated die attach process, yielding a tighter process control, process throughput increase of 500%, and a $300,000 reduction in equipment costs.
• Formulated component loading mechanism that produced increase in functionality.
Ferndale Corporation, Cheshire, Connecticut
1997 - 2001
Served as program manager for air control valve development project including design phase through market introduction. Examined and diagnosed product failures mode. Supervised six engineering team members including job tasks and quality assurance.
• Led product validation failure analysis project.
• Managed product engineering support and new product development for all European customers.
Zane Company, Kokomo, Indiana
1993 - 1997
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Served as company cost improvement committee representative. Managed $750,000 wire bonding equipment purchase and reduced machine downtime by 45%. Analyzed design options and budgets. Headed improvement team for assembly process and identified crower design flaws. Identified and implemented superior welder electrode material, reducing welding process downtime by 40 minutes per shift.
• Developed and installed laser measuring system to eliminate manual inspection process, realizing annual savings of $100,000.
• Reduced scrap rate by 44% due to a new design with different materials.
• Designed and implemented closed loop temperature control system for wire bonding process, which reduced bonder's downtime by 65%.
Zane Company, Kokomo, Indiana
1990 - 1993
Product Assurance Engineer, Electromechanical HVAC Control Modules
Devised validation test plans and test equipment. Managed new product testing. Purchased and installed robotic test equipment for automotive environmental testing.
• Conducted design review, validation testing, and design approval for electromechanical HVAC control module project.
• Established requirements for new product validation tests.
Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, Connecticut
Kettering University, Flint, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
PRWRA Kristen Coria - ResumesAP@aol.com - Accounting Paradigms