604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Office Assistant and Customer Service specialist with the ability to work unsupervised in any environment. Routinely wears many hats on the job. Strong attention to detail demonstrated by work in customer orders, numbers, research, shipping and receiving, and overall customer service daily. Accustomed to working side-by-side with small business owners. Entrusted with keys to businesses and frequently have worked with matters requiring total confidentiality.
Industrial Machinery Inc., Portland, ME
1998 - Present
Industrial Parts Sales
• Open shop in the morning and check for incoming parts orders; research to locate parts and fill orders.
• Work closely with customers, vendors, and suppliers involving sales, quotes, and purchase of parts.
• Invoice customers upon completion of sale, package parts, and ship orders (domestic and internationally).
• Throughout the day, take additional phone orders and process through shipment; handle all mail.
• Record sales, prepare deposits, enter sales and other accounting transactions in the accounting system.
• Process accounts receivable, payable, and produce all accounting reports for bookkeeper.
• Make daily deposits and reconcile checking accounts.
• Perform varied clerical functions, customer service, and administrative assistance.
Position Challenges and Highlights
Hired as office assistant, and learned all aspects of the position while simultaneously installing and configuring the company's first computer. Learned new accounting program and proceeded to perform company's accounting function as well as creating accounting system for company's foreign warehouse. Implemented use of domestic and international shipping software (UPS Worldship and FedX Shipping).
Samantha's Shoe, Portland, ME
1993 - 1998
Receptionist / 10-Line Switchboard Operator; manually placed calls for executives in office and sales staff. Saw the company through the transition of the older (less efficient) telephone system to a new one. Served as Payroll Clerk / Figured time cards, calculated piece work, and maintained ledgers. Maintained the leather inventory for the factory; performed varied clerical duties as needed. Greeted and screened visitors to the factory.
Varied extensive on-the-job-training including (but not limited to): multiple computer applications, bookkeeping, payroll, office procedures, telephone handling, business equipment, industry specific sales, research, varied company policies & procedures, shipping & receiving, and medical terminology.
Frye School of Beauty Culture, Portland, ME
Diploma, Cosmetology / Anatomy / Business
Edward Little High School, Auburn, ME
Diploma, General and Business Courses
PRWRA Rolande LaPointe - RO-LAN Associates, Inc. - RLapointe@aol.com