604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Cost Estimator, Materials Take-Off, or related position utilizing technical and industrial experience and a strong background in all phases of construction and renovation to reduce costs, improve quality, and successfully complete projects.
Experienced in construction, renovation, material take-off, and cost estimating within oilfield, commercial, and residential environments, tracking job progress, permitting, safety awareness, cost controls, scheduling operational tasks and projects, insisting on quality and excellence, and project management.
Solid experience in all aspects of construction duties and responsibilities, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of techniques and materials, use of power tools, welding and repairs, ordering stock and supplies, job completion, reporting to senior management, logistics and planning, managing vendor / supplier relations, and meeting all deadlines.
Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through effective interaction with engineers, subcontractors, and crews, quickly acquiring new technical information, careful reading of instructions, drawings, and blueprints, submitting reports and memos, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
Frank Construction, Hilo, HI
1999 - Present
Residential Property Renovator
• Completed major renovation and remodeling project for 1,700 sq. ft., 100-year old historic residence. Added a new bath and new kitchen, renovated the living room, bedrooms, and other living space, removed plaster, sheetrock, complete replumbing and rewiring, and leveled the structure. Installed central air conditioning system, insulation, various fixtures and appliances, windows and French doors, flooring and carpet installation, roofing, finish work, cabinets, painting, and other construction projects.
• Ensured compliance with local building codes, permit requirements, and safety regulations, installed telephones, hired and supervised subcontractors as needed, scheduled inspectors, and worked effectively within strict budgets.
Reed and Associates, Honolulu, HI
1998 - 1999
• Managed sales responsibilities including quoting rates, prequalifying customers, and writing permanent life insurance and final expense burial policies. Traveled throughout the state to educate individuals on plan features and benefits.
• Specialized in providing individualized services for life insurance, upgrading existing policies, servicing existing accounts, making presentations, collecting premiums, and initiating the claims process for clients.
Goldman Construction, Honolulu, HI
1995 - 1998
Property Renovator / Carpenter / Plumber
• Served as carpenter and renovator for businesses specializing in repair, renovation, and overall maintenance of residential and smaller commercial properties. Performed carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish work, cabinets, painting, and other construction activities.
• Performed all phases of construction and renovation following the hurricane devastation. Worked in association with adjusters and insurance companies, repaired vandalism and damage, and prepared estimates.
Acme Property Management, Honolulu, HI
1990 - 1995
Carpenter / Plumber
• Performed repairs and maintenance of older residential properties required for homes prior to bank auction, renovated flooring, walls, and ceilings, installed fixtures, and remodeled bathrooms and kitchens. Performed plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheetrock, and roofing. Observed all City Code regulations, and helped ensure a safe working environment.
• Installed new water heaters, repaired roofs and flooring, remodeled bathrooms and kitchens, and ensured compliance with all health, safety, and building code regulations.
Zane Roofing, Honolulu, HI
1986 - 1990
Roofing & Construction Worker
• Performed tear-off, basic roof repairs, new roof installation, basic carpentry and sheet metal work, applied slate and composition roofs, repaired wood rot and termite damage, operated power tools and equipment, loaded and operated trucks for jobs, installed vents and other equipment, estimated squares of roofing and sheet metal for quotes, monitored quality control, and ensured safe work practices.
SFB Corporation, Honolulu, HI
1983 - 1986
Commercial Construction Worker / Project Manager
• Served as Construction Worker, converting and renovating a 15,000 sq. ft. commercial space into a business complex. Performed framing, brick and concrete work, rough-in and finish carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, roofing repairs, finish work, cabinets, painting, and other construction projects. Ensured compliance with local building codes and permit requirements, observed safety regulations, purchased building materials and supplies, and related duties.
Lincoln, Beale, & Frank, Long Beach, CA
1977 - 1983
Cost Estimator / Material Take-Off
• Performed a wide range of duties involving oilfield projects for major oil and gas companies. Calculated and prepared complete turnkey bids for large construction projects involving pipelines, sheetpile bulkheads, gas processing skids, dredging, pile driving, offshore marine platforms, structural fabrication, bridge reconstruction, painting, and related jobs. Calculated loads, weights, displacement, materials requirements, job cost estimates, and scheduling factors.
• Monitored projects from design to completion, coordinated use of major construction equipment including cranes of up to 150-tons and diesel hammers, ordered materials, negotiated prices, worked up complete turnkey bids, scheduled all job projects, and related duties. Managed general record keeping for projects, including cost reports.
Octagon Construction, Los Angeles, CA
1971 - 1977
• Performed various installation, repair, ductwork, and other duties for several heating and air conditioning businesses.
Areas of Technical Training
• Courses in OSHA, Haz/Mat, Fire, First Aid and Safety
• Blueprint Reading and Analysis • Principles of Basic Engineering
• Purchasing Materials and Equipment • Negotiating Prices and Delivery
• Quality Assurance • Cost Estimating and Control
• Principles of Management • Tools and Equipment
DELGADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Pasadena, CA
Civil Engineering Curriculum (attended 2 years)
MORGAN CITY VOCATIONAL SCHOOL, Van Nuys, California
VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL, Encino, CA
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - firstname.lastname@example.org