CFO Strategic Planning
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
CFO-level executive with over 22 years of quantifiable achievement. Direct financial management and company development, achieving desired levels of growth. Combine expert visionary, strategic, and tactical financial expertise with strong qualifications in all areas of accounting that produce bottom-line results and financial strength. Instrumental in achieving significant cost reductions and revenue/profit improvements through reengineering, team building, and leadership expertise. Skilled negotiator and analyst. Acquisitions experience. Consistently employ an energized, participative management style encouraging motivation, teamwork, approachability, empathy, empowerment, and accountability.
• Budgeting & forecasting • Credit management
• Operations & financial management • Financial statement generation
• Margin improvement • Systems and process development
• Accounting & tax preparation • Acquisition due diligence & pricing negotiations
• High-level relationship management • Contract review & negotiation
• Customer retention strategies & discounts • Relationship & team building
SFB Architects, Duluth, MN
1982 - Present
CFO, 1992 - Present
Controller, 1990 - 1992
VP of Finance and Shareholder, 1988 - 1990
Bookkeeper / Office Manager, 1982 - 1988
Member of Senior Executive Team with full responsibility for strategic planning and leadership of all financial functions including A/R, A/P, payroll, billing, project reporting, cash management, financial statement production and distribution, tax planning, and preparation of operating and capital budgets. Instrumental in determining future direction, vision, and mission of firm. Manage financial resources for sustained market growth. Continually maintained checks and balances and internal quality control program. Maintained strong relationships with 5 other business unit leaders and 10 department managers, providing support when needed. Worked with outside accounting firm on year-end financial review and tax returns.
• Reduced billing cycle by 10 days creating more positive cash flow.
• Cross-trained staff so all have backups. Created a better and more supportive team environment.
• Instrumental in growth of company. During tenure, revenues grew from $3M to $12M and employees from 50 to 130.
• Selected hardware/software and directed installation of PC technology for general accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, and purchasing that resulted in tremendous savings. Reduced manpower and decreased time to perform functions.
• Established credit and collection policy which reduced debt/equity ratio from 4.7 to 2.5.
• Refinanced long-term debt saving $20,000 over term and developed debt strategy.
• Negotiate with vendors achieving discounts and rate reductions.
• Participate in fee negotiations with clients resulting in increased revenues for firm.
University of North Dakota, Fargo
Several continuing education seminars on Business Management and Accounting topics.
Member, Leadership Fargo Program, 2001-2002
Member, Professional Women's Network