604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Management professional with 8 years experience in information technology. Handle coordination, direction, and management oversight of practice consulting engagements, as well as sales and marketing of consulting services and solutions. Emphasis on providing direction and technical leadership for the planning, management, and implementation of infrastructure solutions for mission-critical environments. Background includes experience with two of the top global computer hardware, software, and services companies, as well as one of the top consulting firms. Areas of expertise include:
• Developing plans/driving statements of work • Creating and mapping solutions
• Building and leading teams • Identifying opportunities and associated risks
• Identifying technical resources • Managing financial resources
• Orchestrating solution implementations • Scheduling tasks and milestones
• Ensuring delivery • Developing and forecasting budgets
• Generating executive reports • Initiating contacts
World Management Concepts, Houston, Texas
2000 - Present
Manage project planning and implementation activities. Oversee project teams involved in providing infrastructure solutions in support of mission-critical environments for global and regional accounts throughout four states. Supervise project managers, infrastructure architects, and engineers involved in $40,000 to $800,000 engagements. Interact internally with sales teams, district managers, and practice managers. Communicate externally with chief technical officers, vice presidents of technology, directors of information technology, senior systems administrators, database administrators, database managers, and other mid-level managers. Major accounts included Reliant Energy, Reliant Resources, Conoco, and BP Amoco. Work with sales organization in providing technical expertise during initial contacts, conducting presentations, and assisting in securing new consulting engagements. Manage relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Earned placement in President's Club for directing and managing all independent processes of a ten-member team involved in building the SAP infrastructure over a 4.5 month timeframe that was completed on schedule, under budget, and on target with proposal.
• Ranked as the only engagement manager to exceed quota of hours billed during one quarter in 2000 .
Zane Company, Austin, Texas
1998 - 2000
Deployment Manager - System Integration / Account Manager
Implemented and managed approximately 50 deployment projects for an Internet-based business intelligence and knowledge management tool, with an emphasis on top-tier companies within the transportation industry. Major accounts included CSX Transportation, Federal Express, and Southwest Airlines. Projects ranged from 50 to 150 seats per account and targeted human resources, tax, accounting, information technology, and process improvement areas. Conducted internal and external seminars. Recruited originally as an account manager, marketing and selling to chief executive officers, chief financial officers, chief operating officers, chief technology officers, and other senior management personnel.
• Achieved ranking as one of the top four account managers nationally, exceeding goals in 1999.
• Attained a 70% closing ratio.
Ferndale Corporation, Austin, Texas
1997 - 1998
Managed a territory that was targeted to generate $4.5 million in annual revenue in 1998 by marketing and selling advertising for this leading Internet discussion destination. Maintained sole responsibility for the Midwest territory, while co-managing the Western United States. Originally called on vice presidents and directors of marketing within major technology accounts such as IBM. As product awareness grew, called on media planners, directors, buyers, and online specialists representing advertising agencies. Negotiated contracts ranging from $85,000 to $110,000 per month.
• Achieved ranking as the #1 account executive during first six months of tenure and grew territory twofold.
• Developed internal sales processes and methodologies for starting company.
Reed and Associates, Austin, Texas
1996 - 1997
Generated the sale of a world-class solution for analysis, implementation, and operation of complex software and hardware systems. Sales ranged from $10,000 to $400,000. Interacted with information technology department managers, engineering department managers, and design engineers. Major accounts included IBM, Intel and Microsoft and U.S. Navy, FBI, and Texas Department of Human Services.
• Recruited as the first inside sales representative, developing processes and methodologies for this area.
• Increased sales pipeline by 35%.
• Initiated and created onsite demonstrations and presentations.
Bradford Business Associates, Austin, Texas
1995 - 1996
Senior Systems Analyst / Systems Administrator
Assigned to the IBM account on a six-month contractual basis, supporting 30 end-users of OS/2, over 100 end-users of AIX, and 75 end-users of client/server systems. Provided application support to various IBM manufacturing business units. Upgraded and modified software, and modified existing software code to improve efficiency.
SFB, Austin, Texas
1994 - 1995
Wrote Cobol code and enhanced software products and customer systems for the insurance and banking industries. Performed structured analysis. Prepared business requirements for potential modifications.
• Software: SAP 3.x and 4.6, SunCluster 2.x and 3.0, Sun StorEdge Instant Image, Sun StorEdge Network Data Replicator, PowerPath 2.x, TimeFinder 4.x, EMC Control Center, Volume Logix, Apache Web Server, Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas File System, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Netbackup Datacenter, Veritas Foundation Suite, SAM-FS, QFS, Hitachi NanoCopy, Hitachi RemoteCopy, BEA Weblogic, Vignette, Blue Martini, BMC Patrol, Micromuse NetCool, LotusNotes, SalesLogix, Oracle Financials, IBM LAN Server and Requester, Communications Manager, Endevor, File-Aid and Xpeditor (On-Line and Batch), TI's, Information Engineering Facility (IEF), iPlanet Suite (portal, directory, application, Web, calendar, messaging, and commerce servers)
• Operating Systems: Unix (Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX), Windows NT, 95, and 3.1, OS/2, and OS/390
• Hardware: Sun, IBM, Dell, HP, EMC, and Hitachi
• Switches: Qlogic, Brocade, and Vicom
• Languages: HTML, Java, C, Visual Basic, Cobol, JCL, Rexx, SQL, and SAS
• Databases: Oracle, DB2, and IMS
• Additional: SunOne (open net environment), service driven architectures, storage area networks (SANs), network attached storage, E2E services architecture, HPc SANs, Internet and eCommerce theory (i.e., B2B, B2C, B2E, and B2P), networks (i.e., TCP/IP, Middleware, and Interconnects), Schlaer Mellor OO Analysis, embedded systems, CICS, and MVS
The University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
B.A., Business Computer Information Systems
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com